Upgrading partially used tickets query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading partially used tickets query

Has anyone had luck upgrading a return flight (econ to bus) after the outbound flight has occurred, and managed to obtain the 15% discount over the phone?

I'm trying to upgrade a return flight and get the 15% discount as I can no longer do this online as it is a partially used ticket. From a towing the line point of view I can understand why SQ are rejecting my request, but from a practical point of view, what are they losing out on? There are standard award upgrades available, so what does it cost them to give me the discount now that the ticket is partially used?

OK, I got it now. Had to ask the person to speak to another supervisor.

Comment

Did you manage to get it to work? And actually got the 15% discount?
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Yeah, initially she rejected it as she told me (after consulting a supervisor, well at least being away form the phone for 5 minutes) that they can only give you a discount online, which must be done prior to using the ticket. I got a little frustrated as I felt this was just someone following the letter, so I asked her again to please speak to another supervisor. After another five minutes she came back and said for this time only they would give me the discount. Maybe her supervisor told her to say no first, and if I still protested then they would reconsider. Dunno, but I got the 15% discount over the phone for the return flight.

Comment

I've done that before where I've had to call in to KrisFlyer redeem an upgrade award for the return segment of my booking cuz Singaporeair.com doesn't allow logged in flyers to redeem upgrade awards (nor change booking dates for that matter) on an itinerary/ticket that has been partially used.

At those times, once I stated the nature of the problem, the KF agents have always offered to extend the 15% online discount on the miles needed to redeem the upgrade award.
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
            I've done that before where I've had to call in to KrisFlyer redeem an upgrade award for the return segment of my booking cuz Singaporeair.com doesn't allow logged in flyers to redeem upgrade awards (nor change booking dates for that matter) on an itinerary/ticket that has been partially used.

At those times, once I stated the nature of the problem, the KF agents have always offered to extend the 15% online discount on the miles needed to redeem the upgrade award.
            Lucky you, I have had the same problem many times but was never able to get the clowns... err... I mean Call Centre Professionals to extend the 15% discount.

With that said, it is in their CoC that one cannot upgrade / change dates to partially used tickets online.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
            X