Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earning KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles‏ when flying on Virgin Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick C View Post

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
    I see an alphabet after my flight number. That's my class of ticket? I am not talking of class of travel (FIRST/BIZ/ECONS), but class of ticket in case I did not make myself clear.
    Yes the alphabet does represent the ticket / fare class. You will see alphabets such as R, F, J, C, E, O, I, etc. These alphabets do represet fare class as well as class of travel.

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    can at least explain what does the diff classes of ticket stands for?
    http://tinyurl.com/2w2luf9

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Instead of wasting time posting on multiple forums and getting yourself confused in the process. Why not pick up the phone and give SQ/VS a ring?
    can at least explain what does the diff classes of ticket stands for?

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    I see an alphabet after my flight number. That's my class of ticket? I am not talking of class of travel (FIRST/BIZ/ECONS), but class of ticket in case I did not make myself clear.
    Instead of wasting time posting on multiple forums and getting yourself confused in the process. Why not pick up the phone and give SQ/VS a ring?

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Log on to your account and click on your flight itinerary. There is a small hyperlink on the top which states something like "View eticket". Click on that and you will see your booking class where it shows your flight.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    I don't see anywhere in the email mentioning the class of ticket I got. There's no attachment to the email too
    Log on to your account and click on your flight itinerary. There is a small hyperlink on the top which states something like "View eticket". Click on that and you will see your booking class where it shows your flight.

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    I don't see anywhere in the email mentioning the class of ticket I got. There's no attachment to the email too

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    What about for SIA?
    It will be on your ticket sent to your e-mail

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    When doing a booking on VS website, get to the "Flight Itinerary" part. You will see the "Total Fare" tab where they show the "Fare Breakdown". There will be two more other tabs showing "Outward" and "Return". Click on those and you will see the fare class.
    What about for SIA?

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    They say for VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
    100% – B, H, K, L, M, Q, S, V, W, X, Y, O
    100% – N (Valid on all, except flights to USA
    and Carribean)

How to tell what class of fare is the ticket you are booking?
    When doing a booking on VS website, get to the "Flight Itinerary" part. You will see the "Total Fare" tab where they show the "Fare Breakdown". There will be two more other tabs showing "Outward" and "Return". Click on those and you will see the fare class.

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    They say for VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
    and Carribean)

How to tell what class of fare is the ticket you are booking?

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    3500 kf miles. but only on eligible fare buckets. check singaporeair.com for details on eligible fare buckets.
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...FOALLevels.pdf

For VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
    and Carribean)

May I know how to tell what fare class is your ticket when you are doing the booking?

Leave a comment:

• kelvgoh
    replied
    3500 kf miles. but only on eligible fare buckets. check singaporeair.com for details on eligible fare buckets.
    Last edited by kelvgoh; 29 December 2010, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    VSFC has a different method of accumulating "status points". While Krisflyer (and many other programmes) go by the "mileage" route (e.g. 50k in a year to get gold), VSFC requires you to accumulate tier points. On each of their routes, you can earn up to (I think) 4 tier points depending on your class of travel. However, you only earn these tier points if you credit your trip to VSFC. In short, tier points are simply the VSFC "equivalent" of Krisflyer "Elite Miles", i.e. the means by which you rack up credits towards attaining FF status.

On any given trip on VS, you can choose to credit your miles to EITHER VSFC OR another affiliated mileage programme (e.g. Krisflyer). What happens after that depends on the programme you choose. There will be no link between the two.
    So when I earn miles on KF by flying on VS, do I get 3500 kf miles or i get only 2 kf pts if i fly in coach from lhr to jfk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X