Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
    "To increase PPS exclusivity we have decided to limit the number of members in each continent to ten persons
    I'm moving to Antartica...... ... will I be in the new J on flights to there?
    What can I expect ? What are the BTC menus like from there?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I'm moving to Antartica...... ... will I be in the new J on flights to there?
      What can I expect ? What are the BTC menus like from there?

Moving there as well, 8 more slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        [
        I can see the logic behind what SQ are doing. As I think it's been mentioned on here (or in the equivalent TOF thread), target your highest revenue customers (not those who rack up flying miles without paying very much); reduce the number of PPS members so that the service (hopefully) becomes better for the rest; and people will - so SQ believe - still fly SQ J/F for the inflight service rather than for any PPS benefits.
        That's all well and good, if those that are left are about to given access to some singing dancing new service/facility a la LH's HON programme and their fabulous FCT/FCL's.

We haven't heard anything to support this, so to make it much more 'elite' then give no additional 'elite' benefits is one hell of a way to p*ss an awful lot of people off. Remember those that do continue to qualify will no longer be able to access the F lounge when flying J for a start.

I can't wait to see the spin they put on this...

Comment

• Of course, the fact the numbers are smaller and hence it's more "elite" will appeal to certain people.

If SQ are getting rid of sectors/EQM to reach PPS, then I assume that the qualification criteria for TPPS will also change - perhaps back to (I think?) five consecutive years of QPPS which may incentivise people to carry on with PPS (if they can qualify) regardless of the reduction of QPPS benefits ?

Comment

Furthermore, although I might not personally like it at all, I can see the logic behind what SQ are doing. As I think it's been mentioned on here (or in the equivalent TOF thread), target your highest revenue customers (not those who rack up flying miles without paying very much); reduce the number of PPS members so that the service (hopefully) becomes better for the rest; and people will - so SQ believe - still fly SQ J/F for the inflight service rather than for any PPS benefits.
            I personally believe in what is written above. I have been through so many devaluations on my FFP du jour (ACAE) that it really doesn't phase me anymore. Last year when I was enjoying my last CMB F runs and was coming close to PPS, I gave PPS a long hard look. I didn't think it was going to do anything to make my SQ Premium flights anymore stupendous .....So it occured to me, that I didn't need it, and that I was getting all they would be offering by flying in the premium cabins anyway. I don't think they need to make any cuts as they certainly make bizillions of $$$$. I think the folks at HQ are just bored, and need another way to expend energy. Perhaps we should all chip in and get them free passes to Babylon

Comment

I assume that the qualification criteria for TPPS will also change - perhaps back to (I think?) five consecutive years of QPPS which may incentivise people to carry on with PPS (if they can qualify) regardless of the reduction of QPPS benefits ?
              I am afraid for TPP it's worse than that...

Comment

• Worse than 5 years of approx. S$25k each year spent on SQ flights (excluding taxes etc) ? SQ want a direct debit from your bank account with authorisation to take 50% of your (gross) income each month or something ?

Comment

Worse than 5 years of approx. S$25k each year spent on SQ flights (excluding taxes etc) ? SQ want a direct debit from your bank account with authorisation to take 50% of your (gross) income each month or something ?
                  Please don't give them any ideas!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Why don't you start a new thread in the Star Alliance discussion board, 9V-JKL? I'm sure others -- particularly those who find KrisFlyer suddenly inhospitable as a frequent flyer program -- would find the discussion helpful.
                    Yes, I second that. Please do so 9V-JKL.

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                    Later this month eh? Intriguing.
                    I thought you have known all along? Or you think it's not that intriguing enough? Yeah, PPS will be an exclusive club, and since it's very exclusive, it will leave out all those current loyal and mostly non-PITA customers.

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    More bad news than the first post?
                    Well, in my opinion, it will get worse than the first post. I am and I am soon.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    If SQ had a sense of humour, like say VS, I'd say that this was all building up to being a bad April Fool's joke.
                    It will not be an April Fool's joke. But it will be stamped deep into my heart, since every March, I have been extremely broken heart.

Cheers all,

Comment

All this moaning and gloom and doom on this thread! Surely those who do fly SQ for business or those leisure flyers who get a rather large number of PPS sectors each year have nothing to worry about because you'll requalify under whatever new criteria is imposed.
                      Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Worse than 5 years of approx. S$25k each year spent on SQ flights (excluding taxes etc) ? SQ want a direct debit from your bank account with authorisation to take 50% of your (gross) income each month or something ?
                      My dear, my TPP is in jeopardy here. I wish I could explain what they are doing to me! But, my lips are sealed.
                      And when you are talking about $$$, I am afraid, now at SKL what I will hear in the future is the PITA who says not "I have been flying so much on SQ" but "I have paid SQ at least SGD25K, thus I demand the service." And yeah, perhaps those guys up there dealing with the new Exclusive PPS will come up, we accept pre-payment for XX,XXX dollars and in return we give you PPS; and for XXX,XXX we will give you TPP for a year with additional XX,XXX every year afterwards.

Cheers,

Comment

Worse than 5 years of approx. S$25k each year spent on SQ flights (excluding taxes etc) ?
                        Allegedly yes....

Comment

With the rumoured changes in PPS! In any event, I don't fly SQ because of PPS sectors/qualification but because I enjoy the inflight experience. Given that, I'm still planning on booking my SQ F trip to MEL, SYD and/or AKL...
                          I wrote the above in another thread last night but I'm having second thoughts now ... spend the $$$ for SQ F to SYD (which I know I'll enjoy) to requalify for PPS (which will possibly lapse after a year) OR spend the same or less $$$ for CX F (a new experience) with the tier points to go towards requalification for BA gold ?

Being based in LHR, OW certainly makes sense for me (and with my leisure only travel it would be a lot easier to maintain just that rather than both OW and *A) and since getting *G and then PPS (which was a blast/fun to get - so no regrets about that), I've only used the *G/PPS benefits once - for a shower and some food at the SKL in SIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Allegedly yes....
                            We need another secret thread for the real scope.

Comment

I wrote the above in another thread last night but I'm having second thoughts now ... spend the $$$ for SQ F to SYD (which I know I'll enjoy) to requalify for PPS (which will possibly lapse after a year) OR spend the same or less $$$ for CX F (a new experience) with the tier points to go towards requalification for BA gold ?

Being based in LHR, OW certainly makes sense for me (and with my leisure only travel it would be a lot easier to maintain just that rather than both OW and *A) and since getting *G and then PPS (which was a blast/fun to get - so no regrets about that), I've only used the *G/PPS benefits once - for a shower and some food at the SKL in SIN!
                              You should try CX for the sake of experience. And especially you are a BA Gold, why go for *A? (Unless you will fly a lot in *A as well)

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              We need another secret thread for the real scope.
                              I heard about PPS members started to ask qbout those rumours to SQ.

The broken heart,

Comment

• Uh. I hate to add salt to the wounds...

But back in the days when I was QPP2 (yes, I was, believe it or not), I honestly didn't feel any difference with regular passengers on flights. I still had to waitlist for flights, I couldn't get the lowest class of service when booking economy class flights..

Whereas CX's elite levels - Gold and above, treated me better. For even Gold levels, I got guaranteed seats in economy class as long as I booked 72 hours prior to departure, and when I got Diamond, CX would guarantee any economy class fare as long as it's more than 24 hours prior departure. Not to mention guaranteed J class seats as well! I think SQ will only put you in Y even though you have a full fare!

Would SQ do this for me? Ha - no.

I got upgraded more often on CX too than I ever did on SQ as a PPS too.

So.. PPS may have been a 'club' for some, but I still don't know what all the fuss is all about. And myself having grown up in Singapore, should favour SQ more..

I do.. in my own ways. But I fly the airline that treats me better these days..
                                (and it's not necessarily CX either )..

Comment

Working...
                                X