Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ph-ndr View Post
    Is it just me reading this, or a misunderstanding? Abolishing PPS sectors also means no double dipping, i.e. no getting *G somewhere else as well as getting *G from SQ?

-A
    You will qualify if you contribute 25k of revenue to the airline. That implies that double dipping is still possible if they find some way of making the new system work with their computers. What's not clear is whether the revenue must be earned through C and F tickets, or whether revenue generated through flying Y will count towards the 25k.

Weird marketing logic - make the status harder to attain, yet strip away the incentives of qualifying.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

But, seen this way, *if* what is stated above in the thread about cuts and new requal limits, combined with my observation about double dipping, then I'll go back and refill my SK *G account when both my SK *G and PPS exipires in august/september this year.

-A

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Weird marketing logic - make the status harder to attain, yet strip away the incentives of qualifying.
        That's the thing: it seems as though the Marketing Department was overriden on this decision (unless it's my beloved UK PPS Coordinator who headed the PPS Revamp Committee).
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post

.there are practically no benefits as it is, in my short & limited experience as PPS...
          You will see by the reaction to changes that is quite clearly nonsense.

If you see no benefit(s) while being a PPS then either:

A) You're not using it properly

or

B) You didn't need the status in the first place so you've wasted time and money obtaining it.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 9 March 2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

So so sad.

Goodbye PPS.....that SGD $25K is a huge amount (£8300), even for a leisure flyer like me who has travelled almost exclusively on SQ.

Well, I am going to wait for the official announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              I think double-dipping would still be possible. SQ would track revenue and award *G based on spending. The partner FFP would track miles flown (and COS bonuses) for their own *G.
              It is very difficult for airlines to track interline revenue by passenger. There are discussions on TOF concerning UA's UGS program which is by revenue. The conclusion is that UA most likely only tracks revenue based on 016 tickets. It ignores revenue from other ticket stocks (undercounting) and probably counts all revenue from 016 tickets (overcounting). SQ might end up counting revenue from 618 tickets only. That is you qualify if you purchase SGD 25,000 or more in 618 tickets.
              Last edited by TerryK; 9 March 2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I would love to have been at the board meeting where someone got up and said "We have a problem we have too many passengers flying in our premium cabins on a frequent basis and we have to find a way to stop it". The most worrying thing is that the rest of the board members rather than saying what the f*** are you going on about, apparently agreed with him.

Comment

I wouldn't even bother requalifying at that level...SQ will see some of us defecting in
                  any case...there are practically no benefits as it is, in my short & limited experience as PPS...
                  I wouldn't say PPS doesn't have many benefits as I have, for many years, enjoyed many of its benefits.
                  It is just sad that with the fares increasing, qualification bar being raised, some less important benefits having been taken away (magazine subscriptions, etc.) now the benefit cut is hitting the core ones.

Of course, I can't speak for everybody as PPS may have benefited me more than another member with a different travel pattern or expectations.

If you think PPS doesn't benefit you much, if I were you I would be happy and just not care about any possible changes. Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Life is good.
                    Life is not good here.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    May I entice you further with the famously generous ex-SIN op ups on CX?
                    Any comp offer to start with?
                    Last edited by CGK; 9 March 2007, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      That's the thing: it seems as though the Marketing Department was overriden on this decision (unless it's my beloved UK PPS Coordinator who headed the PPS Revamp Committee).
                      Why do I hear something called feng shui?

Look at this way. Starting the trip in Indonesia. Roundtrip fares all on SQ flights to LAX or SFO in F is about $5,000. With that two trips, this person was able to qualify for PPS and was happy with SQ and was recommending SQ F left and right.
                      Now, to get that SGD 25,000 (or even more according to few), The same person is going to have to take SQ F 3 times and and some change. Hello?? This poor individual traveler is certainly will not go on SQ, just to retain to qualify for PPS for the sake of his/her Solitaire status.
                      SQ, have not you heard about trickling down effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        I would love to have been at the board meeting where someone got up and said "We have a problem we have too many passengers flying in our premium cabins on a frequent basis and we have to find a way to stop it". The most worrying thing is that the rest of the board members rather than saying what the f*** are you going on about, apparently agreed with him.
                        If it weren't so sad, this would actually be funny!

I repeat, what are you thinking, SQ???

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                          When is this supposed to take place?
                          I don't know. But I hope it's not effective immediately though. I am sure sometimes later this year. (Hmm may be it will get delayed too many times like "the first to fly A380"? )

Comment

Totally disappointed with SQ's management right now...
                            So, it makes my effort at qualifying for PPS (now stands at 8 sectors) useless

Like most of u...what are those ppl thinking....S$25k for a PPS membership is simply not worth it!

I think we will see a lot of migration to Marco Polo Club. I might even make it an effort to qualify for Silver first this year

Comment

Originally posted by Only in First View Post
                              Shocking... that's me off. CX anyone?
                              I know the head of CX in BOM...he was shocked to hear I preferred SQ!

Now I might just give it a try!...

Comment

I know the head of CX in BOM...he was shocked to hear I preferred SQ!

Now I might just give it a try!...
                                Any good CX fares out of BOM?

Comment

Working...
                                X