Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post

TG has the best offer of C Class ticket at SGD 3,150 to Fra..Some claimed TG planes are old and do not flat beds(?) Advantage that I could accrue the miles to my Krisflyer. But with the devalued Krisflyer miles and limited redemption seats are less useful to stay with just Krisflyer.

Appreciate if anyone in this community could me some idea about TG or Emirates or other good choices in flying to Norway in June?

I have flown TG many times, and while they are extremely frustrating at times (particularly with last minute equipment swaps ), you would generally be very unlucky not to get their new style Business Class on the 744's to LHR or FRA. Their new bads are flat but angled, and while they are not as comfortable as the SpaceBed IMO, they are good enough to get some sleep.

TG have started flying their new A346 to ZRH and occassionally to MUC. They also fly their old style 744's to CPH & ARN, but they don't sell F so you can sometimes get yourself in their old style F seat on a Business Class ticket. FRA, ZRH & MUC are all *A hubs and a far better option than the hellhole called LHR.

If you don't have to go on *A have you looked at MH ?. They are good to fly with and have the same style seats as TG on their flights to AMS and LHR. You'd need to go via AMS to get to Norway as they codeshare with KL all over the place from there, and it's the best airport in Europe for transit pax.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
      end of Feb, I have slightly above 100 sectors.[/SIZE]
      You still don't have 1000 sectors to get admitted to LPPS before Sep 1st?! I remember you telling me you had around 700+ ish back in Jan at SIN

Comment

• If not *A, you could also consider Finnair (AY). Unfortunately, I don't think they fly any longer from SIN but they do depart from BKK to Helsinki. HEL is a joy to connect through. AY only have J and Y and their J seats are flat but angled - I tried them last December and they were very comfortable for a night's sleep (you get a proper duvet etc).

Comment

• It's just occurred to me that the change to PPS Value will presumably benefit anyone who regularly takes the SIN-KUL shuttle in F ? About 30 of these round trips a year and bingo, PPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
            It's just occurred to me that the change to PPS Value will presumably benefit anyone who regularly takes the SIN-KUL shuttle in F ? About 30 of these round trips a year and bingo, PPS!
            F roundtrip ex-SIN is SGD 422 if you don't count surcharges and taxes, so its going to be more like 60 roundtrips a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              F roundtrip ex-SIN is SGD 422 if you don't count surcharges and taxes, so its going to be more like 60 roundtrips a year.
              And counting. If the liberalisation of that sector ever happens that is...
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I have flown TG many times, and while they are extremely frustrating at times (particularly with last minute equipment swaps ), you would generally be very unlucky not to get their new style Business Class on the 744's to LHR or FRA. Their new bads are flat but angled, and while they are not as comfortable as the SpaceBed IMO, they are good enough to get some sleep.

TG have started flying their new A346 to ZRH and occassionally to MUC. They also fly their old style 744's to CPH & ARN, but they don't sell F so you can sometimes get yourself in their old style F seat on a Business Class ticket. FRA, ZRH & MUC are all *A hubs and a far better option than the hellhole called LHR.

If you don't have to go on *A have you looked at MH ?. They are good to fly with and have the same style seats as TG on their flights to AMS and LHR. You'd need to go via AMS to get to Norway as they codeshare with KL all over the place from there, and it's the best airport in Europe for transit pax.
                Thanks Manflyer and All who have helped

Comment

• Maybe I missed this before, but even TPPs are not allowed to use SIN Silver Kris lounge when flying *A in Y. And only C lounge when flying *A in C. Basically, TPP is just like any other *G unless flying SQ.

Comment

• Got my PPS change notification letter today. SQ must have been sending the letters in order of importance to SQ. I got mine three days later than CGK.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    I don't travel year around... So 250 is too high! .....
                    I can't understand why CGK is not a LPP already? You must be awefully close. Perhaps a LPP run prior to Aug 31 is in order? You could be known as the last LPP who qualified on Aug 31, 2007.
                    Last edited by TerryK; 24 March 2007, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      Maybe I missed this before, but even TPPs are not allowed to use SIN Silver Kris lounge when flying *A in Y. And only C lounge when flying *A in C. Basically, TPP is just like any other *G unless flying SQ.
                      TPPs will continue to have access to the SKL F regardless of class of service:

Originally posted by singaporeair.com
                      Solitaire PPS Club members will continue to have access to the First Class SilverKris Lounge, regardless of their class of travel, but only when travelling on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.
                      Relax...

The only change is the limitation of access to flying SQ/MI.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        The only change is the limitation of access to flying SQ/MI.
                        I think that was his problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          I think that was his problem
                          Oops I should buy a new pair of glasses...

Comment

Got my PPS change notification letter today. SQ must have been sending the letters in order of importance to SQ. I got mine three days later than CGK.
                            I should get mine a couple of years then

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              I should get mine a couple of years then
                              You also have to factor in your UK location, Lobster. (The UK PPS Coordinator-in-name must be so relieved by the new changes.)
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Got my PPS change notification letter today. SQ must have been sending the letters in order of importance to SQ. I got mine three days later than CGK.
                                The important question remains is: do you get the guaranteed renewal?

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                                You must be awefully close. Perhaps a LPP run prior to Aug 31 is in order? You could be known as the last LPP who qualified on Aug 31, 2007.
                                Hmmm, close but pretty far. Don't think it's possible to cramp a whole year travel into 4 months...

Comment

Working...
                                X