X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
    My dear,
    Here what it says in the brochure I got:

So, put a date-mark 31 MARCH 2007 for printing the last statement of PPS activities. Thus, we can all see by 1 April 2007, how the conversion is being done.

CGK, i perfectly understand SQ willgive us some months where our flights/tickets will be tracked under new rules (not effective) just to let us know how everthing changes.
    But my question was about what to do for my next trip....

if SQ should allow me to enjoy the early requalific on Jun 1st (valid through Aug 2008) i would have the choice to have some biz flights on SQ in order to get 25secs before Aug 31st (2007)... Would in this case also requalified till Aug 2009 (if 25 secs will be converted to 25K SGD)??

thanks
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Well, I know other has the same question. But the PPS hot line could not answer the question yet. BTW, do you receive the mail from SQ regarding the changes?

Comment

• no I learnt about changes from website. no e-mails/ ordinary mails from SQ.

Comment

• Perhaps a snail mail in Italy?

Comment

• an old ad from POSTE ITALIANE (Italian mail) said "we have doubled our efforts"...

my answer: yes but 2 x 0 is always 0 !!!

Comment

• Well, sit back and relax. Enjoy the ride.
              May be the letter will say your PPS Club membership will be renewed.

Comment

• mmmm... i don't think so. i have no difficulties in admitting i'm one of the PPS that SQ want to eliminate. My trips on SQ every year are more or less 40 Secs/yr... not a great revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Perhaps a snail mail in Italy?
                  And somebody ATE THE SNAIL!

Well... I am good for 15 sectors by mid-Apr, and a long fallow period till Feb 2008. Then after that, I don't know if they will still allow us to choose SQ for J flights, my corp TA told me that SQ prices are going up wef Apr07 and we may no longer be allowed to book SQ even if pricier (for the corp rebate). This could be interesting... I'm lucky I got whatever I could from SQ/PPS while I had the chance to!

Comment

• Hi CGK,

SQ must have valued your contributions to SQ and even stated you have qualified early for December.

I have qualified ("unofficially" or "unguaranteed" according to the PPS Hotline) by September 2006 last year but the letter from SQ concerning the recent changes did not state it nor was it as pleasant.

I guessed my business is not big business to SQ..I only just squeezed passed the 25K expenditure in the pass year.

SQ is obviously not stupid in recognizing your contributions (and those who accumulated similar number of sectors) and I am sure if you write in on any concerns, they will be all ears to hear what you have to say (no guarantee of success though!).

Best Regards

LionCity

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      no I learnt about changes from website. no e-mails/ ordinary mails from SQ.

Nothing here as well in the UK. Still waiting for the letter. (tapping my finger...)

Comment

• Seems like the letters sent out is semi-custom made to different customers.
                        For example, Singapore customers get SIN hotline, Jakarta gets Jakarta hotline, then there are some messages regarding your requalification month, etc. VVIP customers like CGK gets a 'guaranteed requalification reassurance'.

Welcome to SQTalk, LionCity.

Comment

• I just got my letter and it stated that as long as i got my 25 sectors before 1 Sep 07, I would requalify for another year. My current PPS year ends on 29 Feb 08. Unfortunately, the letter also confirmed $250K within 5 consecutive years. Thus its unlikely for me to get TPP.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                            Hi CGK,

SQ must have valued your contributions to SQ and even stated you have qualified early for December.

I have qualified ("unofficially" or "unguaranteed" according to the PPS Hotline) by September 2006 last year but the letter from SQ concerning the recent changes did not state it nor was it as pleasant.

I guessed my business is not big business to SQ..I only just squeezed passed the 25K expenditure in the pass year.

SQ is obviously not stupid in recognizing your contributions (and those who accumulated similar number of sectors) and I am sure if you write in on any concerns, they will be all ears to hear what you have to say (no guarantee of success though!).

Best Regards

LionCity
                            Originally posted by StarG View Post
                            Seems like the letters sent out is semi-custom made to different customers.
                            For example, Singapore customers get SIN hotline, Jakarta gets Jakarta hotline, then there are some messages regarding your requalification month, etc. VVIP customers like CGK gets a 'guaranteed requalification reassurance'.
                            Frirst of all, warm welcome to SQTalk, LionCity. Now I feel embarassed. When I saw the mail, I knew it was semi-custom made (using the term used by StarG). Thus since I had requalified, and got the "will be renewed" stetement, I thought the others would get the same or similar "renewal guaranteed." And I guess the customer service number +1 213 4040302 is for North America members?

Well, I hope others would post here when getting the letter, with the note for being renewed or not.

To add, thank you SuperJonJon for posting that you had gotten the letter. Any interesting tidbits from the brochure?
                            Last edited by CGK; 22 March 2007, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Congratulations on your very very early requal, CGK!

Comment

• Thanks CGK and StarG for the nice Welcoming Msgs. Glad to have a space on the internet to exchange our thoughts and ideas.

I'm on QPP3 this year and I think the max I could reach is QPP4 or perhaps QPP5 with some hard traveling from 1 June 2007 thru' to 31 Aug 2007. Doing my own little consultancy business and I have to justify paying a premium for SQ fare.

Have a trip to Northern Europe via Frankfurt. At the moment booked on SQ via SGN after a holiday there. Actually, this is the first I booked an SQ ticket outside of SIN and a first time "culprit" according to SQ's system and part of their reasons for the change. I guessed

Have compared fares on CX and unfortunately they don't have special business fares to Fra (cost SGD 9K +) as I am thinking of converting to MPC. Their fare to North Asia is more reasonable than SQ at 10% less but entails a stopover in HKG.

Emirates have a better fare at SGD 5K but does not include connection to N Europe. Not sure how good they are and their mileage program unfortunately does not seems to be linked to the main alliances.

TG has the best offer of C Class ticket at SGD 3,150 to Fra..Some claimed TG planes are old and do not flat beds(?) Advantage that I could accrue the miles to my Krisflyer. But with the devalued Krisflyer miles and limited redemption seats are less useful to stay with just Krisflyer.

Looks like I am stuck with SQ at least for the time being. I have not ticketed the booking yet but understand there may be changes in the fare in SQ from April according to one msg. So I am thinking of ticketing it soon. Any idea how much the increase will be and when it will be effected?

Appreciate if anyone in this community could me some idea about TG or Emirates or other good choices in flying to Norway in June?

Cheers and Thanks in Advance for any suggestions!

Lion City.

Comment

Working...
                                X