• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    "Do his nut"?? What's that???
    Sorry, it doesn't mean what you might think it means! From:

http://forum.wordreference.com/archi.../t-181729.html

It means he will lose his temper and is likely to shout, swear, throw things and possibly hit someone.
    He will go crazy.
    He will go mad.
    He will be so angry.
    He will do his nut.
    He will go apesh*t.
    He will go mental.

But you're just not invited to join in on the Club that has no benefits anymore anyway...
    Exactly. Furthermore, why fly SQ when I can have a similar top quality experience flying CX (new cabins perhaps ? ) and get my BA TP ?
    Last edited by jhm; 16 March 2007, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      You thought correctly. 10K for Plat.
      I knew it was double of the requirement for Gold!

Comment

• Ok - we all know that PPS already excluded the average ECONOMY class passenger... bu think about it...

Now more so than ever economy class passengers need not apply into the Club even though in theory one might be spending and flying more !

It's still the old man mentality that only those who fly Business and First class are privileged enough to join the Club.

What happens to the exec who flies twice monthly between SIN and EWR but his travel budgets only permit full fare economy tickets. That's easily over S$2500 a ticket. After a year, he would have spent over S$25K.. but is he allowed in the club? Noooooo. If SQ wants revenue based - they should also include economy class clients.

Now that's just plain descrimination!
        Last edited by Guy Betsy; 16 March 2007, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          What happens to the exec who flies twice monthly between SIN and EWR but his travel budgets only permit full fare economy tickets. That's easily over S$2500 a ticket. After a year, he would have spent over S$25K.. but is he allowed in the club? Noooooo. If SQ wants revenue based - they should also include economy class clients.

Now that's just plain discrimination!
          If you fly economy, you're not the sort of person that belongs in the PPS club. Tell that to SQ's elite uncaring face.

Originally posted by PPS changes FAQ
          Will the PPS Club programme be extended to travel in Economy Class, now that the PPS Club has moved to a value-based programme?
          No. This is because since its inception, the PPS Club is a reward and recognition programme for our customers who travel regularly in First or Business Class on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. This objective remains unchanged.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            It is very difficult for airlines to track interline revenue by passenger. There are discussions on TOF concerning UA's UGS program which is by revenue. The conclusion is that UA most likely only tracks revenue based on 016 tickets. It ignores revenue from other ticket stocks (undercounting) and probably counts all revenue from 016 tickets (overcounting). SQ might end up counting revenue from 618 tickets only. That is you qualify if you purchase SGD 25,000 or more in 618 tickets.
            Would they count according to the published price or the actual price (booking in a travel agent is slightly than directly airline)? Personally, I think it makes PPS more exclusive,however high costs and more time need to be consumed to track the records. Are there many premium class passnengers travelling with full fare tickets?

Comment

• What happens with corporate discounts ? Does the discount get included in the PPS Value or not ? And at least for BA (not sure about SQ), I believe some large corporates get a rebate at the end of the year dependent on the volume - if this exists with SQ, will that mean the PPS Value for those tix is reduced retrospectively ?

Comment

• You should ask the UK PPS Coordinator in September, jhm. With fewer members to deal with, maybe he'll treat you like a god and answer your enquiry promptly?
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• I'm told we now have a new number to dial for our small band UK based PPS insurgents.

Great timing when they doing their best to cutback on the numbers but better late than never I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    What happens with corporate discounts ? Does the discount get included in the PPS Value or not ? And at least for BA (not sure about SQ), I believe some large corporates get a rebate at the end of the year dependent on the volume - if this exists with SQ, will that mean the PPS Value for those tix is reduced retrospectively ?
                    Good question. And yes, some large companies do get a rebate at the end of the year with SQ as well. I doubt that they will reduce the PPS value retroactively, however--that would be seriously stupid, IMO.

Of course, who can predict what seriously stupid things SQ will do next these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Ah yes, let's try to guess what "God like" powers PPS will have post-1 Sept, e.g. an online facility to move others in their seats, blocking out the rows in front and behind so that a PPS can sit there in splendid isolation away from mere mortals etc ?
                      I asked SQ about the "god-like treatments" that mentioned in the press. SQ has not decided yet what kind. Still trying to think about what will wow the PPS Value members.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        I asked SQ about the "god-like treatments" that mentioned in the press. SQ has not decided yet what kind. Still trying to think about what will wow the PPS Value members.
                        Lounges for only PPS members(dining rooms, spa, showers etc.) , limo service from your place to theirs, Tumi luggage set, Hermes Birkin bag, Crystal Champagne glasses, a case of Krug upon requal............

Comment

• Originally posted by QSG View Post
                          Lounges for only PPS members(dining rooms, spa, showers etc.) , limo service from your place to theirs, Tumi luggage set, Hermes Birkin bag, Crystal Champagne glasses, a case of Krug upon requal............
                          Is that all? I expected more......

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Sorry, I had to take a pee and was interupted. Feel free to add as much as you like Can you tell I am enjoying the smilies.......

Comment

• Just my 2 cents

As a QPP02 who recently had just completed his full year of membership as PPS, I am deeply disappointed of SQ's decision to transform this so-called loyalty program into a criterion of $$$$ as oppose to mileages/sectors. If $$$$ are the indicators and factors to determine loyalty, we can might as well throw out the true meaning of "Frequent Flyer Miles". It is absurd for me to need to fly more than 2 roundtrips of F AKL-SIN-LHR (which BTW cost $6K-$6.5 USD through discounted agent fares) to requalify my membership. Whereas in the past ONE AKL-SIN-LHR-SIN-AKL in F would automatically bank 21 sectors into my account and only needing to do a regional J to gain the extra 4 sectors to requalify. Let's face it, AKL-SIN-LHR rt is valued at 23,960 miles. I would need to do at least two of that roundtrip plus another $5,500 SGD worth of trip in J or F just to requalify. Whereas someone doing one RT LAX-NRT in F which cost around $11,000 USD through discounted agency fares and one RT LAX-NRT in J which cost around $6,000 USD through discounted agency fares can already qualify or requalify because $17,000 USD is roughly $25K SGD. This despite LAX-NRT rt is only worth 10,880 miles which is not even 50% of the 23,960 miles counted in AKL-SIN-LHR rt. In summary someone can attain or maintain PPS by flying only 21,760 miles, 50% in F & 50% in J, within a 12-month span while on the other hand 47,920 miles, 100% in F, of shuttling half-way around the world 4x in that same 12-month span is not even enough for your membership to survive.

Though despite this discouraging changes and transformation, I still adhere to my belief that an Airline quality should never be judge by it's FF/Loyalty program but rather by it's product offering. In that as long as SQ continues to demonstrate a consistent level of quality service onboard (which till today still has), I will continue to fly on the Golden Bird. However, it may do so without pursuing PPS into the future. I will most likely, like prior to my PPS days, bank my SQ miles into my Aeroplan account for award & status and to maintain my Super Elite level which I have maintained for several years now. My thoughts and to a lesser extent, ambition plans of reaching the TPP plateau has diminished. So next month when I embark in my RTW trip, I'll just enjoy the onboard products for the SQ sectors and try not to think too much about the degrading PPS.

I know there are many others on this board who have had PPS longer than I have and I can even imagine more the pains they are going through having been a "Premium" loyalty SQ flyer much longer than my 1 year + membership. Having maintained that precious customer based for many many years and potentially facing the company turn its back on them.

It has been a tough day or to for many of us to bear the brunt of the news, so let's all head outside to catch some fresh air whereever you may be shall we?

Sincerely,
                              From this Toronto-based PPS
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                haha.. exactly... as a god, I'm not that much into material things.. I expect that the next time I board a SQ plane that they will all drop to their knees , start kissing my feet, and feed me grapes or something....

Comment

Working...
                                X