Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    ... and only on AA metal nowadays I believe!
    Yes that's correct.

Edit: oops, wrong, per KeithMEL's post below.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 16 March 2007, 01:27 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      Actually, I'm thinking of getting a AA Plat status match
      As jjpb3 mentioned you'd have to do a ChAAllenge. 10 000 Q points in 3 months or 90 days depending on the agent you speak to. After a recent enhancement only AA flight numbers (including codeshares) qualify. Previously one could do MEL-SIN-MEL on BA full Y or discount WTP and complete the ChAAllenge. Should be easy for you based in the US - get the K/YUP fares, full economy fares that book into first class should there be availability.

But umm - can I respectfully suggest another oneworld program for you?
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 March 2007, 01:19 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

... and only on AA metal nowadays I believe!
        No - they just need to be AA flight numbers. Codeshares operated by other oneworld metal qualify.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          As jjpb3 mentioned you'd have to do a ChAAllenge. 10 000 Q points in 3 months or 90 days depending on the agent you speak to. After a recent enhancement only AA flight numbers (including codeshares) qualify. Previously one could do MEL-SIN-MEL on BA full Y or discount WTP and complete the ChAAllenge.
          Right, I just got that info from AA a few days ago, Plat needs some more points - 20k, if I'm not mistaken?

Hey Savage, want to join me on that suggested trip, and do a challenge together?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
            Right, I just got that info from AA a few days ago, Plat needs some more points - 20k, if I'm not mistaken?
            20k?! Haven't heard about that yet. But I suppose they'd have to make it more of a ChAAllenge.

edited to add: There are anecdotal accounts of UA 1P being matched to AA Plat when asked. So worth trying if you have 1P. They sign you up to the ChAAllenge if you present any other status though.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 March 2007, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              IIRC, AA doesn't do status matches. You'd have to do a challenge.
              I know about the challenge.
              I have a corporate status match with my employer that I can do anytime - I hope, since I'm not officially employed by them, but on a leave of absence

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              But umm - can I respectfully suggest another oneworld program for you?
              CX?

Comment

• With all this (new found ?) love for CX floating around, just to mention that it's not only QPP's who've been getting upset now/recently and talking about moving to CX but also those at the very top of the pyramid:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=12

However, with the massacre of PPS numbers soon, perhaps the SQ service going forward will get a lot better for these lucky individuals ?

Comment

20k?! Haven't heard about that yet.
                  That's because it's 10K EQPs for Plat.

Comment

CX?
                    Fine by me but you'd incur the wrath of many here (I assume it's the most popular alternative to SQ) should that program experience a devaluation.

Comment

I know about the challenge.
                      I have a corporate status match with my employer that I can do anytime - I hope, since I'm not officially employed by them, but on a leave of absence
                      Ah lucky you. We mortals have to do the challenge.

Comment

That's because it's 10K EQPs for Plat.
                        I don't get it - so is it 10K or 20K EQPs to complete the Plat Challenge? I always thought it's 5k for Gold and 10k for Plat.

Comment

I don't get it - so is it 10K or 20K EQPs to complete the Plat Challenge? I always thought it's 5k for Gold and 10k for Plat.
                          You thought correctly. 10K for Plat.

Comment

You thought correctly. 10K for Plat.
                            Ah, thanks.
                            So it's still doable on a weekend long K/YUP run then.

Comment

Story of my life:

Qualify for LH SEN, huge program devaluation follows.
                              Qualify for PPS for a couple of years, huge program devaluation follows.
                              I'm heading to either TG or BD....so watch out for devaluations there
                              please inform me about your next steps in advance.
                              Many thanks!
                              LOL
                              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I think my TA will do his nut if I changed my mind yet again in the space of a few days ... SQ, how about CX, let's go for SQ, actually CX!
                                "Do his nut"?? What's that???

CX it is.

I'm happy to push people toward CX or SQ , even!

But in all fairness, SQ knows that people who like them will continue flying with them irrespective of whether they are PPS Club members or not. I honestly don't think SQ will suffer much due to the changes. It's not as if that SQ flights do not earn ANY mileage whatsoever, you still can. But you're just not invited to join in on the Club that has no benefits anymore anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X