Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Story of my life:

Qualify for LH SEN, huge program devaluation follows.
    Qualify for PPS for a couple of years, huge program devaluation follows.
    I'm heading to either TG or BD....so watch out for devaluations there
    Hey, you got to do the RTW, *before* the price went up!

(sorry about the cc issue though...)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
      CX gives you 20% off in-flight duty-free and allows you *2* guest when you are diamond...anyone know of a comparision of the 2 programs??

Is double-dipping allowed?
      Diamond is, at least from the POV of my travel patterns, actually harder to reach than the old QPP. It's also most valuable when you fly mainly CX. The anytime-lounge access and extra luggage allowance, for example, are not perks you would enjoy on other OW airlines. Given that you didn't find PPS valuable, maybe CX DM would be equally neutral for you?

Double-dipping isn't possible with OW FFPs, if by double-dipping you mean gaining status in two programs concurrently.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Story of my life:

Hmmm. Maybe you should join the TG program. If the BD program is devalued, I now know whom to blame!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          The anytime-lounge access and extra luggage allowance, for example, are not perks you would enjoy on other OW airlines.
          I know you have a shiny card from the OW airline I'm thinking of and that does have anytime-lounge access ?

Comment

Story of my life:

A-ha!. So it's you that's been messing up all these programmes.

You keep well away from my beloved Diamond Club programme you Jonah.

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe you should join the TG program. If the BD program is devalued, I now know whom to blame!
              TG has very little award availability, when I was trying to fly for my birthday redemption - didn't do it at all...hope they'll give me a raincheck!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I know you have a shiny card from the OW airline I'm thinking of and that does have anytime-lounge access ?
                Only good for the lounges operated by that airline. Not useful, e.g., at BKK.

Comment

I think you're safe. You'll requalify.
                  You know what ? I think you're 100% right!

This is so on the basis that I'll have 25 PPS sectors on 1 September when they will convert automatically to S$25k of PPS Value - bingo!

This means that the people who it will cause problems for will be those who don't have 25 PPS sectors by 1 Sept and obtain the rest after 1 Sept with a tix which would have, but for the PPS changes, have given them the remaining PPS sectors but which doesn't have enough apportioned PPS Value.

Comment

This means that the people who it will cause problems for will be those who don't have 25 PPS sectors by 1 Sept and obtain the rest after 1 Sept with a tix which would have, but for the PPS changes, have given them the remaining PPS sectors but which doesn't have enough apportioned PPS Value.
                    I guess that's what SQ intended all along?

Comment

Only good for the lounges operated by that airline. Not useful, e.g., at BKK.
                      I don't know the MPO rules - does the CX MPO lounge access anytime work for lounges not operated by CX ?

Comment

I thought my PPS year end is the end of August but ... it's actually the end of September! So I will have requalified with 25 PPS sectors by the beginning of August but because my year ends after 1 September, SQ will be able to determine in its "sole discretion and absolute opinion" whether I get a further 12 months of PPS membership ?!? Now the question is whether I go ahead with my SQ F flights only to possibly find out that I don't actually get another year of PPS or say sod it and book on CX ?
                        The following sentence in Krisflyer news suggests that you'd requalify upon getting the 25 sectors b4 1 SEP 07:
                        The current PPS Club miles/sectors criteria will still apply, for qualification to the PPS Club between now and 31 August 2007.
                        I believe you took that paragraph from part A of the revised Terms and Conditions. These fresh terms and conditions are only operative 1 SEP 07 which means they won't apply to you should you get your 25 sectors before 1 SEP 07. They cannot supersede the old T&Cs before 1 SEP 07 or apply the new T&Cs retrospectively after 1 SEP 07 to someone who's already qualified under the old T&Cs. Otherwise you have a clear case against them for lack of notice.

They will however be able to apply part A to someone who, for instance, only has 23 sectors as of 1 Sep 07 and whose qualifying period only ends on 10 Sep 2007 and argues for an exemption to gain that extra 2 sectors by 10 Sep 2007.

edited to add: i see that you're one step ahead...
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 March 2007, 12:27 AM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Given that you didn't find PPS valuable, maybe CX DM would be equally neutral for you?
                          Possibly...still evaluating...

Comment

I don't know the MPO rules - does the CX MPO lounge access anytime work for lounges not operated by CX ?
                            IIRC (Guy Betsy, correct me if I'm wrong), no it doesn't.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 16 March 2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• It's a shame shortfinals no longer seems to post here (or on TOF for that matter) ... he'd be someone who no doubt can calculate whether it's possible for someone (with a pot of gold) starting from today's announcement to fly SQ F non-stop to get to 1,000 PPS sectors by 1 Sept.

Comment

Story of my life:

Please stay away from AA!!
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X