Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    Wow! Other than retaining the one guest policy, it is pretty much the worst of all the rumors.

It has yet to be seen how well SQ could track interline revenue.

If you spend S$250K in F and C within 5 years, does it matter if you are TPP or not? PPS program just become irrelevant for most passengers.
    Since I just joined, I haven't seen anything other than actual indifference (some may call it arrogance) being PPS, so I might only benefit from the following 2 points, only one of which I have been able to take advantage of until now:

1. Liquor discounts (15%), used only once.
    2. Serviced apartment discount. (Denied by the SA group, as they had no availability anyway - 300+ on the waiting list!! ).

In the TOF, you might have seen the results of my attempting to access the SKL with wife and small kids, so no further mention of that....(never been inside without flying in Raffles, so no actual benefit while flying Y and access into the SKL)

There are many other negatives, that were supposed to be "benefits", so I don't think that I would be interested, other than the cool luggage tags, but I don't think they warrant 25K sing....this can be applied to some very nice F flights on LH (or SWU'd C flights on LH...!)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
      other than the cool luggage tags, but I don't think they warrant 25K sing....this can be applied to some very nice F flights on LH (or SWU'd C flights on LH...!)
      Well, you don't just get some luggage tags for your S$25k but also - hopefully - some very nice J/F flights on SQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Well, you don't just get some luggage tags for your S$25k but also - hopefully - some very nice J/F flights on SQ!
        True! But LH is to be considered (in my case....) in case we *don't* actually want to spend all that much per year....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Prepared to be shocked and awed by the M.O.A.K.E......... Mother of all Krisflyer "Enhancements"
          After the rabbits and other surprises finally being pulled out of the hat today, I'm just wondering which enhancement amongst the many (with lots of love from SQ ) you was referring to ?

Comment

After the rabbits and other surprises finally being pulled out of the hat today, I'm just wondering which enhancement amongst the many (with lots of love from SQ ) you was referring to ?
            Such was the quality of "enhancements" from SQ that I'm truly overwhelmed - I initially alluded to the TPP/5 year thing but in reality, this slap in the face is of such a high all-round standard that I'm tempted to do an opup and call this entire PPS change by that acronym.......

Comment

• PPS = Please P*ss off S*d off.

Nice job you did to those who liked you, SQ.

P.S. Well, after the initial anger, I think this news is actually quite liberating. My warm fuzzies towards the airline have pretty much evaporated, so I'll view my travels with them more from a cool-headed business perspective -- exactly as they view my loyalty. I have to admit, they do do a good job on the service delivery front.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 15 March 2007, 10:27 PM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm
                CGK, I think your interpretation would be more probable if the word "within" is changed to, for example, "and".

Thinking about it and assuming that your interpretation is not the correct one, it's the S$250k TPP requirement (i.e. S$50k/year for 5 years) which really bugs me about the new changes. Everything else (e.g. lounge access, check-in and even the S$25k/year requirement which means - if possible - just flying more SQ!), I can more or less live with ... assuming I decide to requalify for QPP of course!
                You're such a lawyer , and that's a good thing in this instance . It's good to hash out any ambiguities in the wording. I actually think CGK's interpretation is more probable. I'm happy to be corrected, although I suspect it won't be I who would be doing the verification. Anyone with contacts who can settle this issue?

Comment

• I hope that CGK's interpretation is correct but I just noticed:

What will happen if my Solitaire PPS Club membership is not renewed?

If your Solitaire PPS Club membership is not renewed at the end of your current membership year, you will qualify for PPS Club membership instead for a year. You will re-qualify for Solitaire PPS Club membership once your PPS Value is S$25,000, achieved anytime during the 12 months of your PPS Club membership.

What will happen if my PPS Club membership is not renewed?

If your PPS Club membership is not renewed at the end of your current membership year, you will qualify for either KrisFlyer Elite Gold or Elite Silver membership, depending on the number of current Elite miles you have earned. Your cumulative PPS Value, which is only used to track towards Solitaire PPS Club membership, will have no application when you are not a PPS Club member.

A cumulative PPS Value of S$250,000 within five consecutive years of PPS Club membership will then be required to re-qualify for Solitaire PPS Club membership.
                  Unless it's just a drafting mistake, the word "re-qualify" in the last line of the above suggests that it IS S$250k within a five year period which is required. Otherwise, on CGK's interpretation (i.e. by reference to cumulative PPS Value over your account's whole lifetime rather than over a period of 5 years), you would always continue to have a PPS Value > S$250k and would therefore instantly re-qualify for TPP with a PPS Value of S$25k within a membership year after you had dropped to QPP and then nothing.
                  Last edited by jhm; 15 March 2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Unless it's just a drafting mistake, the word "re-qualify" in the last line of the above suggests that it IS S$250k within a five year period which is required. Otherwise, on CGK's interpretation (i.e. by reference to cumulative PPS Value over your account's whole lifetime rather than over a period of 5 years), you would always continue to have a PPS Value > S$250k and would therefore instantly re-qualify for TPP with a PPS Value of S$25k within a membership year after you had dropped to QPP and then nothing.
                    You're a more careful reader than I, so I defer to your interpretation. It's not a nice view of the SQ world, though.

Comment

• All-in-all, TPPs have gotten a decent deal, while it's QPPs that are getting f***ed over by SQ.

With the soft-landing to QPP, a TPP need only spend $25k every alternate year and cycle between QPP and TPP.

QPPs are on the $25k treadmill every year, and now need $50k per year to ever make TPP.

Comment

• Originally posted by fimo View Post
                        I wonder how fancy the new T3 F lounge is going to be if they feel the need to eliminate J PPS members from access.
                        If that was the case that may somewhat cushion the blow. Unfortunately if it's built to the original plans then it's going to be nothing special at all. Just like all the other lounges, with the exception of ICN.

The new lounge in T3 gives them more capacity anyway, which would alleviate the problem they say they have with the lounges.

They're just a bunch of arrogant bar stewards, it's as simple as that.

Comment

• I just had a look again at the rules and noticed the following (with one big for me!):

Members who qualify (and continue to qualify upon renewal) for PPS Club as well as KrisFlyer Elite Silver or KrisFlyer Elite Gold will be accorded the programme privileges for and benefits of the PPS Club. Members are not allowed to accumulate benefits and privileges for both programmes.
                          I don't understand what the last sentence is meant to address ? What benefits are there under KF EG which don't exist under PPS ? Any ideas ?

PPS Value Credit

Due to regulatory requirements or local market practice in some countries, the amount shown in the ticket fare box is not reflective of the actual amount paid or does no reflect any fare value at all. For tickets purchased in these countries, the PPS Value credited to members will be a fair value approximating the actual amount paid for the tickets. The countries where the exception would apply are: Brunei, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and Vietnam.
                          Fair to who I wonder!

And now...

even if a significant duration of the applicable eligibility period for qualification and/or renewal precdes 1 September 2007, Singapore Airlines shall be entitled to assess and determine (in its sole discretion and absolute opinion) a member's eligibility for qualification and/or renewal of PPS Club membership on the basis of the PPS Value if the last day of the applicable eligibility period for qualification and/or renewal is on or after 1 September 2007.
                          I thought my PPS year end is the end of August but ... it's actually the end of September! So I will have requalified with 25 PPS sectors by the beginning of August but because my year ends after 1 September, SQ will be able to determine in its "sole discretion and absolute opinion" whether I get a further 12 months of PPS membership ?!? Now the question is whether I go ahead with my SQ F flights only to possibly find out that I don't actually get another year of PPS or say sod it and book on CX ?
                          Last edited by jhm; 15 March 2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I don't understand what the last sentence is meant to address ? What benefits are there under KF EG which don't exist under PPS ? Any ideas ?
                            I think this is meant to address the cases where the EG years don't coincide with QPP years: in that case, the lower of the statuses applies.
                            Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            I thought my PPS year end is the end of August but ... it's actually the end of September! So I will have requalified with 25 PPS sectors by the beginning of August but because my year ends after 1 September, SQ will be able to determine in its "sole discretion and absolute opinion" whether I get a further 12 months of PPS membership ?!? Now the question is whether I go ahead with my SQ F flights only to possibly find out that I don't actually get another year of PPS or say sod it and book on CX ?
                            I think you're safe. You'll requalify.

Comment

...I don't actually get another year of PPS or say sod it and book on CX ?
                              CX gives you 20% off in-flight duty-free and allows you *2* guest when you are diamond...anyone know of a comparision of the 2 programs??

Is double-dipping allowed?

Comment

• Story of my life:

Qualify for LH SEN, huge program devaluation follows.
                                Qualify for PPS for a couple of years, huge program devaluation follows.
                                I'm heading to either TG or BD....so watch out for devaluations there

Comment

Working...
                                X