Best Approach for SQG Renewal Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Approach for SQG Renewal Offer

So.. I am a few thousand miles away for renewal this year.

And KF sends an email with an renewal offer of booking any Point earning light for comp Elite Gold Status again for my loyalty before it expires on Dec 31st.

Here's the problem, I was going to being flying in November but that has been pushed back until the end of January.

I have paid and the flights are already ticketed... so whats the best approach in saying to KF, well I don't have a flight planned in the window you have specified but I have booked and paid in full for a flight 28 days after my SQG expires... will it cut it?

Do I call KF and ask.. or do I email or am I simply wasting my time?

Been SQG for 3 or so years now.. so a bit disappointed to loose.

Obviously logical choice to fly during this window but isn't going to happen.

Appreciate any ideas etc!

question?

E-mail or phone them, whatever you want.

If you don't ask, you don't get anything. If you ask, you might get something.

Comment

Well talk about disappointed in SQ. So I decided to call the KF line directly in Singapore to discuss their offer.. rather than impersonal email contact.

What a waste of time... I get some phone jockey who frankly couldn't care. As soon as I went on hold I already knew the answer.. i should have hanged up then.

You know I realize I am a few thousand miles off for re-qualifying this year.. and appreciate their offer and having been gold now for 3 plus years in a row this run... i thought that might have meant something. I have been Gold before as well... but my flights stopped completely that time round.

The system of where for example last years re qualifying I went over by thousands of miles for the year... accounts for nothing in the next is not flash either.

Even booking and already paid in full in November for my flights another persons on to my card for another return sector didn't cut it.

Yes not happy and so disappointed... considering I brought our entire companies travel over to SQ.

Comment

Any chance to fly a few flights between AUS-NZ in order to requalify? Probably more doable than flying to SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Any chance to fly a few flights between AUS-NZ in order to requalify? Probably more doable than flying to SIN?
          NZ will charge upwards of AU$600-$700 for mileage earning flights on trans-tasman for programs other than their own. not a financially viable option. cheaper to just do a Australia-SIN return
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Well, I'd say that those tickets sub-$1k AUD 'Sweet Deals' (not) OZ-SIN-OZ on SQ are also not mileage earning. The mileage-accruing classes are more like 1.3-1.4k ex-BNE anyway, from what I last checked... just thinking that it may still be the cheapest option to jump across and fly around NZ before coming back...

Since the OP is only "a few thousand miles" away, is all I'm saying. But did they also say it's specific to SQ metal? (which unfortunately I think it was, but I'm just making clear - in which case, the OP is SOL)

Comment

It has to be SQ flights. Cant justify just taking a $1300 AUD plus run to SIN... Even debated taking cheap Air Asia X run up Gold Coast to KUL... then KUL to SIN return and then home again. Thats 2 days out of my life for what. Seriously... after thinking about it further... its not the lounges these days I love to access.. sure in Europe etc its great.. but SQ Sats in T3 is fairly ordinary and no showers, BNE SKL has progressively gotten worse.. the food on offer is just.. well bad... but when you run through SIN and KUL and Jakarta which are my main points these days (KUL always packed out)... whats on offer is not that spectacular. What I do love is accessing Bus lines for check in etc and getting on-board ahead of the pack... now that I would miss. I don't know... now I look back SQ has changed over the years... and its not because of this issue.. far from it.. but there has been a gradually slide in whats on offer in general. Even my last J run was.. well just ok. Now does that mean I suddenly move back to QF... no chance... but you start reflecting and thinking you know.. SQ was pretty spectacular... but you've changed.

Comment

To be honest why not join Thai if your going to still fly SA metal then you can become a gold level on them and the perks are better.

Comment

Oh they refused yr request? I've had called in to seek an extension of the offer by one month with a flight already ticketed. Maybe you can try again and seek them to see that you have a confirmed and ticketed flight?

Comment

Thanks Jammed.. thats what I was thinking as well. I suspect it was all a little lost in translation with the KF phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                      Thanks Jammed.. thats what I was thinking as well. I suspect it was all a little lost in translation with the KF phone call.
                      To be honest, I would email them rather than call. More chance of it getting to someone who can authourise it rather than someone who can't on the other end of the line saying no.

Comment

Try cust service? They are usually more accommodating.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                          email them. it worked for me before. i was few points shy of KF silver and my next eligible flight was 2 months after cutoff. i got an affirmative response. and that was just my first time to qualify to Silver.

yours is a stronger case

Comment

Will email them tomorrow... and see how it goes. Will let you know how I get "processed". Thanks for everyones thoughts.

Comment

Thinking about it I do remember the first year I qualified for EG I was about 1K miles short and phoned up and said is there anything they can do as I was so close. The guy initially said no, then I asked to speak to a manager and he put me on hold then came back and said congratulations MR 225 you are now an EG.

All depends who you speak to I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X