PPS Soft Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Soft Landing

I recalled during the sector days of PPS that if a member fails to requalify for TPP, you would be downgraded to QPP and would loose PPS if you fail to requalify during that downgraded QPP year? Does anyone know if this Soft Landing practice still exists with the current PPS value system?

Now there is a reserve PPS value which is the excess amount over 25K in any given PPS year. This amount is valid for 3 years and can be accululated. So if you have spent 45K this year you will have 20K as reserve value to top up any short fall for the next 3 years.

Comment

Reserve PPS value only for TPP.

Not for QPP.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFeat View Post
        I recalled during the sector days of PPS that if a member fails to requalify for TPP, you would be downgraded to QPP and would loose PPS if you fail to requalify during that downgraded QPP year? Does anyone know if this Soft Landing practice still exists with the current PPS value system?
        Yes, if you are TPP you go to QPP if you don't requalify.

Presuming you are TPP and are short of your 25K, have you contacted them about it and asked will they allow you another year ?. They have done that with a lot of other people this year.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFeat View Post
          As far as I know, there is no formal soft landing policy under the sector system.
          It is under the PPS Value system that there is a written soft landing policy for TPP: failing to requalify as TPP will make you a QPP for a year.

Comment

Working...
          X