Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade "not available" online – waitlisting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade "not available" online – waitlisting?

I just transferred a bunch of miles to my account in order to upgrade a SIN-PEK flight I have. I am booked in Y (E class), and it's on a 77W. For some reason, even though I can book a Standard redemption, no Standard upgrades are available, and only Full are offered. I notice people talk about being waitlisted; how can this be done online?

And what's with the discrepancy between redemptions and upgrades?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
    I just transferred a bunch of miles to my account in order to upgrade a SIN-PEK flight I have. I am booked in Y (E class), and it's on a 77W. For some reason, even though I can book a Standard redemption, no Standard upgrades are available, and only Full are offered. I notice people talk about being waitlisted; how can this be done online?

And what's with the discrepancy between redemptions and upgrades?

Thanks!
    That ever happened to me, all I did was call SQ reservations up, & tell them the situation you are in, in my case they did the upgrade for me accordingly, and honoured the 15% discount as well. Ensure though your miles are sufficient to meet the 15% discount, if not, you need to top up to the required amount with no 15% discount.

For redemptions, you can top up miles online & enjoy the 15% discount.

For upgrades, if you have insufficient miles, you cannot top up miles online & need to call SQ to top up, and you will not enjoy 15% discount.
    If you have enough miles, you can do the upgrade online and enjoy the 15%.

Comment

Yup. Call them immediately with a screen shot of each - to prove your case if necessary. They'd honour the 15% discount. I've done this before.

As long as there are standard seats available for redemption, they should be available for upgrade as well. That's what I was told by KF.

Comment

Interestingly, after a couple of weeks of no availability, a new Standard upgrade opened up. Booked for 42k on a 77W, not bad.

Comment

Working...
        X