Singapore Airlines Suites Now Open for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    SO has anyone been able to find out what SQ wants (KF miles) for Suite class from SIN to LAX?
    SQ is charging Full Award rates for Suites now and it is very easy to look it up in the redemption table yourself:

SIN-NRT-LAX, one-way, Suites: 486.000 Krisflyer Miles, no online discount as this can only be booked over the phone.

The good old Sky Suites were 90.000 Krisflyer Miles, after discount: 76.500 Krisflyer Miles. Suites are 'slightly' more expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
      London -> Singapore

Round trip: 2,000,000 miles
      One way: 1,000,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 1,200,000 miles
      One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 600,000 miles

------------------------

Singapore -> Sydney

Round trip: 1,100,000 miles
      One way: 550,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 650,000 miles
      One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 325,000 miles.

------------------------

If the passenger requires a London to Sydney redemption in Singapore Airlines Suites, the passenger will have to be booked on two separate tickets (e.g.: a one way trip would cost 1,550,000 miles).

Bookings can only be made via KrisFlyer Membership Services. Passengers are not eligible for the 15% online booking mileage discount.
      Wow. SIN-LAX cheaper than London or Sydney considering its further from SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        Wow. SIN-LAX cheaper than London or Sydney considering its further from SIN?
        Could it be that your information quoted is out of date? SQ opened up P and F for Suites bookings and according to my e-mail they are 'only' charging Full Redemption rates for Suites as of today.

Comment

wow.

Comment

CORRECTION

PPS Service called me today to clarify: Full Awards Redemption Rates still do not apply to Suites. The information given to me earlier was wrong and my information posted earlier is incorrect.

CORRECT RATES

SIN -> LHR
            One way Suites: 1,050,000 miles
            Round trip Suites: 2,100,000 miles
            One way upgrade from paid J to Suites: 600,000 miles
            Round trip upgrade from paid J to Suites: 1,200,000 miles

SIN -> NRT and SIN -> SYD
            One way Suites: 550,000 miles
            Round trip Suites: 1,100,000 miles
            One way upgrade from paid J to Suites: 325,000 miles
            Round trip upgrade from paid J to Suites: 650,000 miles

SIN -> LAX

Given that one can fly Suites return in P for 12,000 SGD return, the rates are absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

I seriously think Suites do not deserve so much miles, its as if its taking a space shuttle to the moon! The First Class lounge in T3 lacks so much amenities like Massage, Spa, iPads, rainforest showers etc. No Limousine airport transfers also...If I have 0.5 million to 1 million miles, I rather slowly use it for other airlines' First Class flights, like SWISS, Korean Air, British Airways, Qantas, THAI, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, ANA etc...where there are so much more to look forward too at lower mileage requirement.
              Last edited by vsepr; 25 July 2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                I seriously think Suites do not deserve so much miles, its as if its taking a space shuttle to the moon! The First Class lounge in T3 lacks so much amenities like Massage, Spa, iPads, rainforest showers etc. No Limousine airport transfers also...If I have 0.5 million to 1 million miles, I rather slowly use it for other airlines' First Class flights, like SWISS, Korean Air, British Airways, Qantas, THAI, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, ANA etc...where there are so much more to look forward too at lower mileage requirement.
                One can fly 1x Suites to London or 12x First Class with Star Alliance Partners (LH, LX, TG). Would anyone pay 12x the First Fare for Suites? Answer is no. And SQ brought down the price for paid tickets from 20,000 SGD to 12,000 SGD - being on par with other carrier. PPS Club is a joke - and I am surprised that SQ still hasn't realized that this is one of the factors starting them to cost them business.

Comment

First Class on THAI to Europe from SIN is about S$6000, incl tax:

http://www.thaiairways.com.sg/promotions.asp?promoid=14

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                    First Class on THAI to Europe from SIN is about S$6000, incl tax:

http://www.thaiairways.com.sg/promotions.asp?promoid=14
                    Technically not exactly a redemption booking and this offer has been around for almost two years now...

Comment

You can book redemption Suites online...you select "Full award"...it mostly comes up as "waitlist" but within a day or 2 it will clear as confirmed. It gives you the 15% discount.

I did a SYD-SIN full award for 249 000 miles in Suites - I know it's a lot but still wanted to try it. It was approx 2.5 times more than the standard award and 5 times more than a saver award. For that trip I was the only one in the cabin - mind you it was the early morning service out of SYD.

Previously I have traveled twice before on Suites - both redemptions but at standard awards as when I originally booked the aircraft was a 77W and then changed to 380. This was a ZRH-SIN and SYD-SIN.

While it's a great product I definitely do not think it's worth all those miles but I don't regret having used 249 000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        CORRECTION

PPS Service called me today to clarify: Full Awards Redemption Rates still do not apply to Suites. The information given to me earlier was wrong and my information posted earlier is incorrect.

CORRECT RATES

SIN -> LHR

SIN -> NRT and SIN -> SYD
                        One way Suites: 550,000 miles
                        Round trip Suites: 1,100,000 miles
                        One way upgrade from paid J to Suites: 325,000 miles
                        Round trip upgrade from paid J to Suites: 650,000 miles

SIN -> LAX

Given that one can fly Suites return in P for 12,000 SGD return, the rates are absolutely ridiculous.
                        They are simply too proud of themselves no wonder profit drop so much!!
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          They are simply too proud of themselves no wonder profit drop so much!!
                          Given that SQ is offering Suites for 11,500 SGD in P SIN-LHR-SIN the mileage pricing is absolutely pathetic. Paid tickets dropped by almost 50% while they are still pretending it's a Class Beyond First. It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            Given that SQ is offering Suites for 11,500 SGD in P SIN-LHR-SIN the mileage pricing is absolutely pathetic. Paid tickets dropped by almost 50% while they are still pretending it's a Class Beyond First. It's not.

wow thats after the 50% drop? I did a quick check. SIN-DXB-LHR on first (DXB-LHR on A380, which I think has similar product with Suite) is only $9,350. So after 50% off still about $2,000 more expensive than EK
                            visit my blog

Comment

SIN-DXB-LHR on first (DXB-LHR on A380, which I think has similar product with Suite) is only $9,350. So after 50% off still about $2,000 more expensive than EK
                              In my opinion, a non-stop flight in SQ Suites is definitely worth a premium over a half-A380 journey on EK with a stopover in DXB.

Then again, given that on both my recent legs the load factor was only 5/12, perhaps the general F/premium market disagrees.

Comment

wow thats after the 50% drop? I did a quick check. SIN-DXB-LHR on first (DXB-LHR on A380, which I think has similar product with Suite) is only $9,350. So after 50% off still about $2,000 more expensive than EK
                                Nope, SQ's fare is $12,514 after taxes (for noon departures from SIN and LHR). Evening departures would be more than $14,000! That is $3200 more expensive than EK for the cheapest SQ Suite fare and almost double of TG's ridiculous low fare of about $7000!
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X