No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Suites Now Open for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God you guys crack me up! Love the witty sense of humour in here.. This thread livened up a boring day in school.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      What makes these multi-million mile redemption figures even more laughable is at the moment (until the end of this month actually) they have an offer on ex-CGK that if you buy an F ticket (to anywhere so even CGK-SIN counts) you can then buy a return F ticket to Europe, and then 'upgrade' to Suites for the grand total of......drum roll.... US$ 360 return.

So they officially believe they are worth US$ 180 dollars each trip more than 'normal' F, yet they want 1 million miles to redem for same seat on the same flight.

Suites, now a class 'beyond' belief......
      Here's the promo details:

A380 Suites Promotion

Purchase one First Class ticket to any destination and you are eligible to purchase the Singapore Airlines Suites at First Class fare plus USD380. This promotion is only available through our appointed travel agents, hence, please contact your travel agent for more information and to pucharce your ticket.

This promotion is valid until 28 October 2010 for travel until 31 January 2011. Passenger must return to Jakarta by 31 January 2011. Flight restrictions and other terms and conditions apply.

Currently, the Singapore Airlines A380 flies between Singapore and Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo and Zurich.

Comment

Here is the reply taken off the Straits Times Forum :

Sep 28, 2010

Suites are exclusive, but SIA notes feedback

WE REFER to last Wednesday's letter by Mr Anthony Prakasam ('$900,000 worth of flights to redeem an A-380 Suite?'), regarding the miles redemption for Singapore Airlines Suites.

SIA offers its KrisFlyer members various redemption categories to choose from, namely the Saver, Standard and Full Awards. The number of miles needed for each category corresponds to the respective benefits.

The Saver Award, for example, would require fewer miles, but has more restrictions; in comparison, the Full Award requires more miles, but allows greater flexibility in itinerary and more seat options. Members can use all three award types to redeem seats in economy, business and first class.

Singapore Airlines Suites is an exclusive product available on our A-380 aircraft, and was not previously open for redemption. We made the Suites available for redemption early this month following feedback from our KrisFlyer members. In view of the exclusive nature of this product, only the Full Award category is offered.

We have had a number of redemptions on the Suites since the change was introduced, and feedback from members who have used their miles to redeem the Suites has been positive.

We note Mr Prakasam's feedback, and will keep his comments in mind.

Edwin Kwee
        Vice-President, Loyalty Marketing
        Singapore Airlines

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_583799.html

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          Here is the reply taken off the Straits Times Forum :

Sep 28, 2010

Suites are exclusive, but SIA notes feedback

Singapore Airlines Suites is an exclusive product available on our A-380 aircraft, and was not previously open for redemption. We made the Suites available for redemption early this month following feedback from our KrisFlyer members.
          Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Dear Hapless Punter,

Due to popular demand, we've now decided to release redemption seats of our Suites to the unwashed masses.
          Come on SQ, surely you didn't need to copy SQFG

Comment

SQ's Custom Keyboards

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Come on SQ, surely you didn't need to copy SQFG
            But what do you expect?

I sometimes wonder if the spin doctors there are getting bored of writing the same stuff all the time.

I think the keyboards at SQ are different from ours.We have QWERTY keyboards. They have a few additional keys that type out certain words:

"Enhancement"
            "Beyond"
            "Exclusive"

Amongst others.

Comment

Bravo SQ!

You have done it again...

The most boring, expected answer anyone could expect..

It reminds me of a saying:

An optimistic sees an opportunity in every difficulty...while a pessimistic sees a difficulty in every opportunity!

Comment

Thanks you guys for all the wonderful witty humour on here - I love it. Keep it up :-).

I managed to fly ZRH-SIN on Suites in August on a redemption ticket - I redeemed OCT last year when it was still list as a 77W. So I got a real bargain. Managed to scam another Suites on redemption on SYD-SIN for JAN on the SQ234 when it was still a 77W. It took SQ 4 days from announcing SYD would get a 2nd A380 to update it in the CRS - just enough time to redeem a standard F award.

Loved my Suites flight ZRH-SIN (btw I was the ONLY pax) but honestly SQ needs a BIG reality check thinking it can justify a zillion points for redemption.

All the best guys!

Thanks again for all the wonderful posts - this is the best aviation forum. Always love coming here.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  We have had a number of redemptions on the Suites since the change was introduced, and feedback from members who have used their miles to redeem the Suites has been positive.
                  Wonder who in the right frame of mind would redeem.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Its not named fool; I mean full; awards for nothing....

Comment

Comment

I redeemed MH's First Class KUL-LHR on 1 December 2009, paying only 35,000 Enrich Miles. Now that is truly 'enriching'.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Well, SQ's statement did not mention whether the people that traveled in Suites on redemption have been doing so for the full price. I am sure there were some Standard F redemptions and people's feedback would have been positive for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                            I called the KF call centre in Singapore (not the other one) to take advantage of this special.
                            It's just too good to resist.
                            So my first question was "How many miles do I need for Suites SIN-SYD?"
                            The operator answers: "For redemption in Suites we will take your details and call you back. When do you want to travel?"
                            I now wonder whether the number of miles required is dynamic, and the figures we have seen may be (shudder) the lower or higher end of the spectrum.
                            Will report back when KF answers my query.
                            Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            I think they want to check out your account to see how many miles you have to think if you're worth calling back
                            Originally posted by B727 View Post
                            Sounds like she went to call the KF Secret Service
                            Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Thye probably cannot believe there is anyone out there daft enough to do it, so they are probably checking up on you...........
                            Got the call back a few hours later.
                            They would have been dismayed as my account is woefully short of the miles required.
                            Must have passed the daftness test and the secret service test though. Yay me.
                            Anyway, the reply confirmed the miles required,
                            but it was still a bit of a shock still to hear someone verbally say aloud
                            "Redemption is Suites for SIN-SYD return is 1.1 million miles."

I have an F redemption coming up which became Suites with the change in timetable.
                            I now need to cancel it but am now wishing I don't have to as it seems such a (relative) bargain.
                            F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I believe the new tv ads touting KF Redemnption for Suites will feature Aussie pop princess Kylie Minogue singing "What Kind of Fool"
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

SO has anyone been able to find out what SQ wants (KF miles) for Suite class from SIN to LAX?

Comment

Working...
                                X