Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeeming miles on SQ when having to waitlist

Dear all,

I am trying to book on economy saver TPE-SIN on 14 Oct on flight SQ879. However, there is currently no seat available and only "waitlist" is available. I click on waitlist and proceed with the booking. As I'm just 70miles away from the required 12750 (after 15% discount), the system does not allow me to waitlist myself. Is there any other way I can do? This is the only flight I can fly out of TPE as I won't be able to reach airport in time for SQ877 and I have to be back that evening for a conference the next day.

Alternatively, I'll be receiveing some miles that will be sufficient for me to book on Business saver in the middle of this month. Will that then be too late for me to redeem and get stuck again?

Thank you in advance.

I would just wait til you get the miles mid-month then try again... SQ seems to be stingy with their Y Saver redemptions despite their current 'promo' 30% off rate...

Comment

Thank you Kyo for your advice. I just hope that the seat will be still available by the time I redeem middle of this month.

Comment

actually, you can call in KF to request to be WL. I did that 2 weeks ago for my SQ322 upgrade from Y to C (tho I'm not holding my breadth i must add)

Comment

Hi jammed, thank you for your suggestion.

When I first called KF, the officer told me that it was possible to waitlist online. However, when I tried to waitlist myself after the call, I wasn't able to do so. I think maybe I was 70 miles away. Called KF again, but this time, I was told that once there is no seat, we cannot waitlist ourselves. I asked to waitlist myself over the phone but was told that it was not possible.

Anyway, I have received my miles 2 days ago, and have just sucessfully redeemed on C class on the flight.. Yay.. =)
          Last edited by Airlineslover; 8 September 2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlineslover View Post
            Hi jammed, thank you for your suggestion.

When I first called KF, the officer told me that it was possible to waitlist online. However, when I tried to waitlist myself after the call, I wasn't able to do so. I think maybe I was 70 miles away. Called KF again, but this time, I was told that once there is no seat, we cannot waitlist ourselves. I asked to waitlist myself over the phone but was told that it was not possible.

Anyway, I have received my miles 2 days ago, and have just sucessfully redeemed on C class on the flight.. Yay.. =)
            Congrats! I'm still waiting for mine

Comment

Working...
            X