Question about Econ -> Biz saver upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Econ -> Biz saver upgrade

I am on an upgradable ticket for SIN-PVG-SIN early next month. It will be my first time in Biz.

I would like to upgrade to a Biz saver award for the return flight. The primary reason behind this is that the flight lands later (11pmish) and I might have a somewhat early start to the next day and would like to be refreshed. The upgrade page however, says that the Biz Saver and Standard options are not available and that only the Biz Full option is. I'm obviously not going to spend 85k miles on that. However, when I go to the normal points booking page (i.e.: For new flights, not for upgrades), it states that the Saver's option is on waitlist.

On the other hand, the SIN-PVG leg has a Biz saver option open. If I can't get the first leg, I'd like to do this instead; just for the sake of flying business.

So my queries are really these:

1) Is there any way I can not use the Biz Full option and get placed on the Biz Saver waiting list for PVG-SIN instead?
    2) How are the lounge facilities at PVG for SQ J ticket holders?

The answer to waitlisting that flight, is to call up KF. Please note they are being very tight at the moment as PVG's popular, what with Expo going on etc... It took me 19 days to get a confirmation that came only last night (and I've since made alternative arrangements already).

Comment

Argh. I've decided to bite the bullet and just get SIN-PVG.

Do you reckon the SIN ground service will make business class more worth it than at PVG? I'm particularly looking forward to SKL.

By the way Kyo, any recommendations on what seats to get on the 777-200 (3 classes) in C?
      Last edited by kris; 23 August 2010, 06:06 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
        Do you reckon the SIN ground service will make business class more worth it than at PVG? I'm particularly looking forward to SKL.
        That's for sure as the ground service in PVG is so bad, there's no need to even want to bother with the lounges.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
          Argh. I've decided to bite the bullet and just get SIN-PVG.

By the way Kyo, any recommendations on what seats to get on the 777-200 (3 classes) in C?
          I always prefer as far up the front as possible

Seat preferences generally varies from individual to individual, however!
          Last edited by Kyo; 23 August 2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Don't forget its a public holiday in Sing early September as well so flights to PVG are even busier. Savers are available for the overnight flights and early departures PVG-SIN but obviously thats for a reason as with a 5hr flight you will not get a lot of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I always prefer as far up the front as possible

Seat preferences generally varies from individual to individual, however!
              Fantastic news.

Unfortunately the first 3 rows of C are booked (argh, should have selected them yesterday when they were available!) but excited anyway.

Looking forward to SKL, and BTC especially.

Comment

Working...
              X