Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing an award booking

Dear all,

I have made a mistake in an F award booking and have only just realised. The Mrs and I ( both KFEG) have flights back from SIN-FRA in 2 weeks. They are both award bookings.

However, I have messed up the dates - i leave on the 28th August and the Mrs on the 29th....she is none too happy.

My flight has 1 seat left - the Mrs flight is wide open. However there appears to be no Aaward seats left.

do you think I can change my flight and get onto the mrs flight?

I am looking to do this in singapore -i will be starting my journey in AKL.
    any advice would be helpful...and harmony in the FlyingDobber household...although she did fly out on her own to NZ. I had another 3 days of work.

Thanks

I guess phone up and get on the wait list but then you will not get the discount from on-line booking which is a pain. They may release another award seat nearer the time but I think its just luck. If you do a dummy redemption award booking you can see what saver/standard seats are available for the flight you choose, I've done that a few times to see which flight I book when looking to upgrade using points.

More experienced folk than I may be able to help more.

Comment

Yeah you can call them up to waitlist but you will lose the 15% discount.

If you want the discount and still have spare miles, you can make a new booking on the waitlist flt and wait. That will give you the benefit of still getting a flt on award on your confirmed booking. You can cancel the current booking later.

If you dont have spare miles, then you might need to cancel the award ticket and pay a small fee and waitlist on another booking.

Comment

Hmmm ...Cancelling the award ticket might prove tricky as I have used the Europe to Auckland segment already.

My only hope is that my flight is full (possible waitlist) whereas the Mrs flight the following day has only 3 confirmed.

We will see.

Comment

You have my best wishes to the harmony of the FlyingDobber household.
          ________
          VAPORIZER INFORMATION
          Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X