Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does EG card take to be delivered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does EG card take to be delivered?

Hello SQtalk, I have (finally) reached EG level and I'm looking forward to enjoying all the benefits. I achieved EG on 28 June, and till today I haven't got my card yet. I'm still using my ES card. Tried contacting SQ but they said they can't do anything. Is it normal that the card takes over a month to be delivered? And can I enter the TG lounge with my ES card although I am already an EG (on an SQ flight)?

My address is in KUL. Any advice would be appreciated

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Hello SQtalk, I have (finally) reached EG level and I'm looking forward to enjoying all the benefits. I achieved EG on 28 June, and till today I haven't got my card yet. I'm still using my ES card. Tried contacting SQ but they said they can't do anything. Is it normal that the card takes over a month to be delivered? And can I enter the TG lounge with my ES card although I am already an EG (on an SQ flight)?

My address is in KUL. Any advice would be appreciated
    Congratulations

Shouldn't take that long - certainly not more than a month. I suggest you call and ask them to send you a replacement one.

As for lounge entry - you can't unless your Boarding pass reflects it. The TG agent is only going to see a *S card in your hand.

Comment

Though you are still holding on to your ES card, you already can start to enjoy EG benefits. Just show any lounge personnel your boarding pass, it should reflect EG now.

Hope you will receive your EG card soon.

Comment

If you were *S when you booked the SQ ticket, you may need to phone up and ask them to delete your FFP and then insert it back so as to refresh the status. (I had this problem before when I was EG and then PPS.)

It's probably also a good idea to print out a screenshot of your KF account showing your new EG so you can try to use it as evidence if anyone does still ask for your card (notwithstanding the BP).

Comment

Tried asking SQ but they said no they won't send me another as they suspected me of losing my card and asking for a new one! What should I do now?

Comment

they actually tell you that?! Did you have a bad record with them? haha.. that's the last thing i would expect them to tell members that. I would have rebuked them back. (im assuming that the card really never arrived.. haha)

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Tried asking SQ but they said no they won't send me another as they suspected me of losing my card and asking for a new one! What should I do now?
              Can i suggest you do followin-
              a. Call KF again and repeat yr story, hopefully it'll be resolved.1
              b. if you get the same response again, ask
              - is this your official reply?
              - and you said your name is? How exactly do you spell that?
              - have you checked with your supervisor whether this is indeed your official reply or do i need to communicate with you thru the New Straits Times?

Comment

Alright, I talked to the guys at SIN and they told me to wait another week before they'll send my card. I have no idea why do I have to wait for a week, but at least I'm getting it.

Comment

Working...
                X