PPS Buffet + Movie Screening of The Sorcerer's Apprentice in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Buffet + Movie Screening of The Sorcerer's Apprentice in Singapore

Anyone at this movie screening held yesterday evening in Singapore?

Good buffet + movie + free goodie bag which includes the aircraft model of 777-300ER.

Huge turnout too.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Anyone at this movie screening held yesterday evening in Singapore?

Good buffet + movie + free goodie bag which includes the aircraft model of 777-300ER.

Huge turnout too.
    Congrats...at least you have some uses for your PPS Membership. Haven't got an invite in ages!

Comment

There was no invitation from SQ at all.

Comment

Oh....I thought the invitation was extended to all Singapore based PPS members ?

Then on what basis does SQ send out these invites ? On random basis ?

Comment

...Then on what basis does SQ send out these invites ? On random basis ?
          Only the good looking ones receive invites.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Only the good looking ones receive invites.
            I recieved quite a few invites over the last few years.

Comment

They host them in the UK as well - but I have only received one invitation in 5consecutive years of being QPP

That said the event I attended (lunch at Gary Rhodes) was a full on champs, plenty of nice wine and high grade food type event that went on for most of the afternoon - result!

Comment

Oh....I thought the invitation was extended to all Singapore based PPS members ?
                With the sheer number of QPP's and TPP's in Singapore I think they would need to rent a hangar from SIA engineering to get them all in.

I presume a different bunch get invited to different events.

Originally posted by LottieM View Post
                They host them in the UK as well - but I have only received one invitation in 5consecutive years of being QPP

That said the event I attended (lunch at Gary Rhodes) was a full on champs, plenty of nice wine and high grade food type event that went on for most of the afternoon - result!
                Yep, SQ in Manchester hosted a lunch last Friday in the RHS (Royal Horticultural Show) at Tatton Park. It was nice to see some of the gang again, and they are always good for gossip.

Comment

but did you beat our lunch finishing time of 4.30pm MAN Flyer?! This could become a competition - longest SQ PPS lunch....?!

Comment

I got the invite for Inception which was screened 2 days ago. Ya, the goodie bag has a B777-300ER model.

Comment

The last "invite" I got was to Dionne Warwick, but we still had to contribute almost $100 for the privilige. I have not received a invite to a non-paying event for the longest time. Obviously my 12 years solitaire is still not enough !

Hope you all enjoyed the movies

Comment

Originally posted by barbene View Post
                        The last "invite" I got was to Dionne Warwick, but we still had to contribute almost $100 for the privilige. I have not received a invite to a non-paying event for the longest time. Obviously my 12 years solitaire is still not enough !

Hope you all enjoyed the movies
                        I can't be certain but it could be that those who went to paying invites don't get invited to the non-paying invites. I haven't got a non-paying invite for about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by LottieM View Post
                          but did you beat our lunch finishing time of 4.30pm MAN Flyer?! This could become a competition - longest SQ PPS lunch....?!
                          I am afraid we can't compete with that this time. I was the last to leave and it was before 3pm. It's probably worth remembering that with 2 x A380's and 1 x 77W per day down there against 5 x 77W's per week (via MUC) up here Ms M probably gets a far larger entertainment budget than us poor folk up here do.

Anyway, late/extended drinking is somewhat pointless for you Shandy Drinkers down there anyway, as none of you can drink.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            is somewhat pointless for you Shandy Drinkers down there anyway, as none of you can drink.
                            MEOW!

Comment

Ooooh, MAN Flyer, this Welsh girl disputes that !!

Comment

Working...
                              X