Mileage credited to wrong FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage credited to wrong FFP

My miles for a recent flt on SQ had my miles into TG FFP even though after ensuring at Check in that I wanted it to be in Krisflyer. The check in staff told me that they had cancelled the TG FFP nos off the reservation and so there would be no problem.

Based on previous experience, TG wouldnt allow the miles to be re credited to Krisflyer. This is not the first time that it had happened to me.

Your take?

Prepare for a bit of a fight, but you have no choice except to call up TG's ROP and insist that you had told them to credit into KF.

Next time, tell the check-in agent to enter/delete and re-enter the FQTV/FQTS fields of the relevant FFP # that you want the miles credited into...

Comment

haha.. that proved to be futile the last time.

I guessed I may have to suck thumb again

Comment

Check your BP, does it state your ROP no. or KF no.? If it states your KF then you stand a better chance of winning the battle

Comment

SQ**** followed by TG*G. The thing is that I clarified with the ground staff twice and the error happened. Wonder how am I going to fight. They haven't got back to me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
            SQ**** followed by TG*G. The thing is that I clarified with the ground staff twice and the error happened. Wonder how am I going to fight. They haven't got back to me yet.
            IME, when that was the notation on my BP, it meant the non-KF FFN was in the FQTV field (i.e., the non-KF FFP was the one to which the miles would be credited).
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That was what I thought when I saw the BP and I questioned the ground staff who insisted that TG ROP has been deleted off. And that happened twice!

Comment

SQ**** followed by TG*G.....
                TG*G shows that your mileage was directed to TG. Trust hard evidence, not their words.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  TG*G shows that your mileage was directed to TG. Trust hard evidence, not their words.
                  I'm a bit confused here. I always thought that the "SQxxxxxxxx" represents the FF number that the miles would be credited to and the "TG*G" simply shows the OP's *G status (for lounge access, additional luggage limit, etc.)? If I am wrong, then what is the point of including the SQ FF number on the BP?
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    I'm a bit confused here. I always thought that the "SQxxxxxxxx" represents the FF number that the miles would be credited to and the "TG*G" simply shows the OP's *G status (for lounge access, additional luggage limit, etc.)? If I am wrong, then what is the point of including the SQ FF number on the BP?
                    Unless they have changed it recently, "SQxxxxxxxx TG*G" on your boarding pass means:
                    • SQ FF number in the FQTS field for status recognition/PPS value tracking/linking to your Krisflyer account for showing on singaporeair.com
                    • TG FF number in the FQTV field for mileage accrual
                    • *G denotes the highest *A status taken from the two FF numbers in the FQTV and FQTS fields.

Why do they show the SQ FF number on the BP? No idea.

Comment

My experience bears out what Savage25 said.

When I flew as EG while still BD *S, my BP showed 'SQ xxxxxxxxx BD*G'. The number showing probably shows that SQ is tracking status based on the KF account you linked with the mileage-earning FFP. Potentially confusing for a passenger, I agree, but probably needed given the double-dipping option in the PPS Club.

Lesson is: check the notation after the number. When SQ*G recently showed up on my BP, I asked the friendly LHR staff to delete any FFN so my BP showed nothing beneath my name (I could use my card to gain access to the lounges). I had to do a retro claim with CO OnePass in Houston, but at least I didn't have to claw back miles already credited to another FFP. Having blanks in those fields on my BP showed that I didn't credit to any FFP.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for that... Always thought it was the opposite! Guess you learn something new everyday...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Unless they have changed it recently, "SQxxxxxxxx TG*G" on your boarding pass means:
                          • SQ FF number in the FQTS field for status recognition/PPS value tracking/linking to your Krisflyer account for showing on singaporeair.com
                          • TG FF number in the FQTV field for mileage accrual
                          • *G denotes the highest *A status taken from the two FF numbers in the FQTV and FQTS fields.

Why do they show the SQ FF number on the BP? No idea.
                          I second that. I always wanted to accrue my SQ flights in my BD account and my BP would show SQxxxxxxxx and BD*G. Often I had them completely erase the SQ reference just on case so I had a clean BP showing only my BD status, but at outstations that proofed challenging.

So when I gave up and just let it be it would still work out just fine indicating as Savage25 stated that SQxxxxxx was in the FQTS and BD in the FQTV for mileage accrual.

In the OPs case it may have been better to just not show your TG *G card at check in and only present it in the lounge later. That way your SQ number would have been in both FQTS & FQTV. Not like you would get any op-up as *G on SQ so unless you need to use the extra 20kg luggage allowance no need for the *G number.

Comment

I had my TG*G for priority waitlist on my booking.
                            Yeah learnt my lesson and will do that the next time.
                            Anyway, KF is sorting it out now so hopefully it gets resolved.

Comment

I had my TG*G for priority waitlist on my booking.
                              Yeah learnt my lesson and will do that the next time.
                              Anyway, KF is sorting it out now so hopefully it gets resolved.
                              Well priority waitlist is a good reason to get it entered though I'm not sure how much it will do. Good luck that it gets sorted soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X