Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ *G requalification : Amex Miles ?

Hi Guys

Following a reduction in Travel at my company, i find my self holding 49822 (178 short!) elite miles

My mileage year ends at end Aug, but my next *A flight isnt until Late sept (LHR-BKK-SYD return in J on TG)

I DO have a few Amex miles i could swap over to SQ, but i WAS saving them for my BA account.

Would you :

a) Transfer over from amex
    b) Stay at a hiilton for a night needlessly (£130 ?)
    c) Take a flight somewhere short ?

I do have a short trip requirement to TLV, but timings are horrific on *A (330 am landings !), so will prob go BA/El al for that one !

Let me know your thoughts....
    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Originally posted by dukesy View Post
    Hi Guys

Following a reduction in Travel at my company, i find my self holding 49822 (178 short!) elite miles

My mileage year ends at end Aug, but my next *A flight isnt until Late sept (LHR-BKK-SYD return in J on TG)

I DO have a few Amex miles i could swap over to SQ, but i WAS saving them for my BA account.

Would you :

a) Transfer over from amex
    b) Stay at a hiilton for a night needlessly (£130 ?)
    c) Take a flight somewhere short ?

I do have a short trip requirement to TLV, but timings are horrific on *A (330 am landings !), so will prob go BA/El al for that one !

Let me know your thoughts....
    I would take a short trip... I do not think miles from hotel stays or AMEX are considered elite / status miles.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

You only really have Option c) available to you as it seems you're confused with KF Elite Miles (flown and used to calculate renwal of KF*G) vs redeemable ones called KF (no-Elite) Miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        You only really have Option c) available to you as it seems you're confused with KF Elite Miles (flown and used to calculate renwal of KF*G) vs redeemable ones called KF (no-Elite) Miles.
        Ahhhhh....I thought that might be the case....

Hey ho...

SO....whats the shortest and cheapest fligt from UK that generates miles ? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dukesy View Post
          Ahhhhh....I thought that might be the case....

Hey ho...

SO....whats the shortest and cheapest fligt from UK that generates miles ? ;-)
          Trip to OSL, FRA or MUC should do the trick...
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

LHR-DUB r/t on BD at one of the accruing rates (fare bases B,K,M,H) will make it comfortably, and can be done in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              LHR-DUB r/t on BD at one of the accruing rates (fare bases B,K,M,H) will make it comfortably, and can be done in a day.
              Heck...wish id thought of this !!

Never mind, have got to take a trip on Biz next week, so have chosen an odd but effective routing (lhr-vie-tlv-zch-lhr) to get the miles i need !

Thanks anyway guys !

Comment

If your that short just phone up kris flyer I'm pretty sure they will just let you off or give you more time. They let me qualify for the first time when I was a few hundred short I just rang up and asked to be made a gold as I was so close and have not looked back since!

Comment

Working...
                X