Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie redemption questions: cancelling, changing dates, expiry

I have some miles expiring soon.

Let's say I redeem a flight, which I am not too sure of.

So if I decide to cancel, will I be able to get a refund of my miles or book another flight?

Will there be any charges?

Also, will I be able to change the date of my redeemed flight FOC?

I just wish to get in on the Economy Saver early.

Thanks for your patience, if this sounds abit weird.

Cancellation will incurr a "charge" of 5000 miles. Not sure about changing the dates for a redemption but for an upgrade booking (paid Y, with an upgrade to biz), you can't change dates for free. The upgrade will first be cancelled (again with the 5000 miles "charge" with rest of your miles refunded), a change will then have to be made to your initial ticket, followed by another upgrade with miles (if there are seats available for upgrade).

The only problem is that they do take their time refunding you back your miles, and this can take up to a week or 2.

Of course all this is with reference to KF.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

You can change flight for free provided your new date of departure has the Economy Saver seat still available.

If you decide to just cancel the flight and get back your miles(they call it Redeposit miles of completely unused tickets), there is a charge (depending on your status). Pls refer to below link for the services fees to be imposed:-

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...p?v=360172551&

I just did a cancellation before, and my miles refunded back to me immediately, unlike what Pinkfloyd has stated.

Comment

Have done a cancellation twice on an upgrade (Y to J) on the AMS-SIN sector and was charged the 5000 miles (this being a KF*G).

First time I had to wait about 5 working days, the second time (also on an AMS-SIN upgrade), I waited almost 2 weeks! Called up to complain but was told the time taken to redeposit varies...
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Have done a cancellation twice on an upgrade (Y to J) on the AMS-SIN sector and was charged the 5000 miles (this being a KF*G).

First time I had to wait about 5 working days, the second time (also on an AMS-SIN upgrade), I waited almost 2 weeks! Called up to complain but was told the time taken to redeposit varies...
          Sorry to hear about your plight.

As for me, my cancellation was charged by paying USD 15, not by miles as I want to keep my miles. Maybe because of me paying USD 15 instead, my miles were refunded immediately probably.

You should have referred to the chart on the link I gave earlier, you should be charged only 1,500 miles since you are Elite Gold. Are you able to write in officially now to file a complaint ?

Comment

Guess it pays to check. This was over a year ago so I guess they won't entertain me now. Cheers for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              You can change flight for free provided your new date of departure has the Economy Saver seat still available.

If you decide to just cancel the flight and get back your miles(they call it Redeposit miles of completely unused tickets), there is a charge (depending on your status). Pls refer to below link for the services fees to be imposed:-

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...p?v=360172551&

I just did a cancellation before, and my miles refunded back to me immediately, unlike what Pinkfloyd has stated.
              Thank you very much for your link.

Comment

Just one more question.

If my miles are expiring in Nov, what does it mean?

Does it mean I have to redeem and fly using the miles by Nov, or can I redeem online before Nov for a Dec flight...?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
                  Just one more question.

If my miles are expiring in Nov, what does it mean?

Does it mean I have to redeem and fly using the miles by Nov, or can I redeem online before Nov for a Dec flight...?
                  You can redeem your miles by Nov for a Dec flight.

Alternatively, if you have never extended your miles online before, you can do so by extending it online for a few more months.

Comment

You can redeem your miles by Nov for a Dec flight.

Alternatively, if you have never extended your miles online before, you can do so by extending it online for a few more months.
                    Thanks once again.

Comment

As for me, my cancellation was charged by paying USD 15, not by miles as I want to keep my miles. Maybe because of me paying USD 15 instead, my miles were refunded immediately probably.?
                      Sorry to drag this thread up - were you given the option online to pay in cash or miles when you cancelled this?

And since you chose cash, did you have to pay the USD 15 up front or did they deduct it from what was refunded?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Sorry to drag this thread up - were you given the option online to pay in cash or miles when you cancelled this?

And since you chose cash, did you have to pay the USD 15 up front or did they deduct it from what was refunded?

Just canceled my redemption booking last night... And chose not to pay by miles...
                        And they deducted the cancellation fee from what was supposed to be the amount to be refunded...
                        Total tax and surcharge minus cancellation fee... that was what they quoted to be refunded in to my CC....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                          Just canceled my redemption booking last night... And chose not to pay by miles...
                          And they deducted the cancellation fee from what was supposed to be the amount to be refunded...
                          Total tax and surcharge minus cancellation fee... that was what they quoted to be refunded in to my CC....
                          Did you get your miles back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Did you get your miles back yet?
                            Yup, got them back into my account this morning when I checked it....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                              Yup, got them back into my account this morning when I checked it....
                              Thanks.... good info.

Comment

Working...
                              X