Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ now restricting regional award availability for *A partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ now restricting regional award availability for *A partners?

I haven't looked for a while but I was just looking for a trip at the end of the year to Jakarta. Normally there is tons of availability in all classes to and from CGK but the days I've looked there is virtually zero availability, in all classes!. All that shows each day is the LH flight. I picked another random date and that had only a few in Y and J as well, but nothing in F.

I decided to have a quick look at MNL, which is another that always had loads of availability and there is not much J there either never mind F.

We know they have been blocking other flights even though they are on really old birds, but they seem to have started on the regionals as well.

I'd be inclined to give BD a call to check the availability with them.

I've been looking for a seat from Adelaide to Singapore in December and whilst ANA does not show any availability, nor US Airways, I was able to secure a seat through diamond club this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddingtons View Post

I've been looking for a seat from Adelaide to Singapore in December and whilst ANA does not show any availability, nor US Airways, I was able to secure a seat through diamond club this morning.
      Same here. I got my recent SIN-DXB J award through BD while ANA wasn't showing anything available. And when ANA does show some available, BD can't book it half the time. Bloody POS...

Comment

I did not have the same issues as far as South West Pacific and North Asian destinations are concerned. These are bookings done recently. Could it be a system issue although I do not think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddingtons View Post

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          Same here. I got my recent SIN-DXB J award through BD while ANA wasn't showing anything available. And when ANA does show some available, BD can't book it half the time. Bloody POS...
          I'll try DC then. As I said I haven't even looked for a while now, but previously both those routes showed loads of availability on ANA.

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          I did not have the same issues as far as South West Pacific and North Asian destinations are concerned. These are bookings done recently. Could it be a system issue although I do not think so.
          Was this with DC of KF ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I'll try DC then. As I said I haven't even looked for a while now, but previously both those routes showed loads of availability on ANA.

Was this with DC of KF ?.
            They were through KF. Pardon my ignorant, what is DC?

Comment

Diamond Club. BD's FF program.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                They were through KF. Pardon my ignorant, what is DC?
                As Keith says, it's Diamond Club. The thread title was misleading, so I've edited it.

Comment

I just looked as recently as 2-3 weeks ago for CGK-SIN-BKK and return and there was decent availability in F & C on the SQ flights to and from CGK though not like it used to be before with virtually every flight being available. The LH flight was always available though as you mention.

It would su*k mightily if they started to restrict C or F on the regional routes on the old birds for other *A FFPs. Fingers crossed that's not the case.

BTW, if you are passing through SIN drop me a note.

Comment

The non-availability seems to extend to North Asia as well for Q1 2011.

Comment

With SQ award availability - it shows as available on the partner airlines' computer systems... till they try to book it. Then it comes back as "UC" unable to confirm which means SQ's computer rejects the booking.

Diamond Club knows this problem and we always blame them for being stupid but the fault lies with SQ really.

Recently I tried to grab one of 2 seats CPH-SIN in C class. It came back as "UC". Then a similar economy class flight from SIN-HKG. Same thing.

So I guess SQ does not want DC at least to book their seat.

Comment

I had no problem redeeming Y flights for my dad MNL-SIN-MNL for early December. But premium seats -- zilch within a reasonable number of days from the target stay.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                          With SQ award availability - it shows as available on the partner airlines' computer systems... till they try to book it. Then it comes back as "UC" unable to confirm which means SQ's computer rejects the booking.

Diamond Club knows this problem and we always blame them for being stupid but the fault lies with SQ really.

Recently I tried to grab one of 2 seats CPH-SIN in C class. It came back as "UC". Then a similar economy class flight from SIN-HKG. Same thing.

So I guess SQ does not want DC at least to book their seat.
                          As I posted earlier, it works both ways. SQ makes some award seats available to DC that is not available to other *A partners (and I have had DC find seats that are not available when I'm logged into my Krisflyer account as well). Its like the POS restrictions that they have for revenue bookings are now being applied to award bookings - but I can't tell what the logic is.

Comment

Just another data point. checked SIN - CGK - SIN for Aug - Sep and F on SQ has completely disappeared on ANA at least. LH is the only regularly offered F option from what I can see right now.

In C it is a bit of a mixed bag. Past mid Sep it is almost non-existent for SQ and only sporadicaly shows up for a flight here and there. In early Sep and Aug though I can find quite a few days that have several C seats offered on multile SQ flights.

Maybe they are really getting stingy on partner airlines award inventory and only release seats to other *A FFPs later now then before. Just guessing though but I can confirm what MAN Flyer observed.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post

In C it is a bit of a mixed bag. Past mid Sep it is almost non-existent for SQ and only sporadicaly shows up for a flight here and there. In early Sep and Aug though I can find quite a few days that have several C seats offered on multile SQ flights.

This mid Sept is a peak peak peak season for CGK-SIN-SIN (and other Indonesia's cities to SIN) sector. It's related to "Idul Fitri (Hari Raya)" festive holiday.
                              Don't expect to much to get an award seat (on any class) on those period...

Comment

Working...
                              X