Saver on SIN/US routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver on SIN/US routes

Curious why Saver is not offered on business class for SIN to US routes. 240,000 miles for a standard redemption plus $600+ taxes and charges is quite a lot to pay. Any info why, or suggestions on how to min milage in redemption for SIN-US (want SFO, but am willing to go to LAX instead)

Another question, how do I use Krisflyer miles to redeem on UA or another Star carrier?

SFO because the four year old product operatres that flight rather than the 747 which is used in the LAX, then its just chance when you get saver awards. Apparently SQ are one of the more generous people with award

Comment

Business Saver IS offered for SIN to US, but generally, saver redemption is not allowed for business and first class on A380, 77W and A345. So if you choose those routes, you will wont get any saver availability. You will have to go via LAX on the 744 to get Saver redemptions on business / first.

Comment

because SQ considers something 4 years old to still be "new."

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Sorry fone, I just checked SIN/LAX...the 77W flight also features "no saver" awards. Sigh.

Originally posted by fone View Post
            Business Saver IS offered for SIN to US, but generally, saver redemption is not allowed for business and first class on A380, 77W and A345. So if you choose those routes, you will wont get any saver availability. You will have to go via LAX on the 744 to get Saver redemptions on business / first.

Comment

Originally posted by pchong View Post
              Sorry fone, I just checked SIN/LAX...the 77W flight also features "no saver" awards. Sigh.
              Lol, for an instance, I thought the SIN - NRT - LAX is going to be changed to the 77W! Yes, it is available, just that they only allow a few saver redemptions, so most likely the dates you want are out of saver redemptions. I just checked like 14 Jun 2011 has saver J redemptions available. I just flew LAX - SIN in saver F with SO (so 2 saver F redemption on the 744 for LAX - SIN). SQ even thought we were on honeymoon or something and catered a cake for us!

I also see saver J available for tomorrow's flight (SIN - LAX on 8 July). If you have very flexible timing like me, book the flight last minute, mine opened up exactly 1 week before the actual flight, so there was still plenty of time to BTC.

Do note, there will be no saver J for the non-stop flight on the A345.
              Last edited by fone; 7 July 2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

thanks fone...yes, SQ12/11 has saver awards available on some dates...no weekends apparently. I just waitlisted on these...let's see if it opens up. Thanks.

Originally posted by fone View Post
                Lol, for an instance, I thought the SIN - NRT - LAX is going to be changed to the 77W! Yes, it is available, just that they only allow a few saver redemptions, so most likely the dates you want are out of saver redemptions. I just checked like 14 Jun 2011 has saver J redemptions available. I just flew LAX - SIN in saver F with SO (so 2 saver F redemption on the 744 for LAX - SIN). SQ even thought we were on honeymoon or something and catered a cake for us!

I also see saver J available for tomorrow's flight (SIN - LAX on 8 July). If you have very flexible timing like me, book the flight last minute, mine opened up exactly 1 week before the actual flight, so there was still plenty of time to BTC.

Do note, there will be no saver J for the non-stop flight on the A345.

Comment

Originally posted by pchong View Post
                  thanks fone...yes, SQ12/11 has saver awards available on some dates...no weekends apparently. I just waitlisted on these...let's see if it opens up. Thanks.
                  Yeah, keep waitlisting for the dates you want, and waitlist for a few flights too. For my flight, I actually got 1 ticket for Saturday and then the 2 tickets on Sunday opened up and I took them immediately, I only got them on my final waitlist attempt (expires on day of flight). Though flying on a Sunday LAX - SIN isn't that popular of a date as you land at 1am Tuesday as compared to a Sunday SIN - LAX. So saver awards are possible for weekends, just that they might be more popular.

Comment

While on the topic of J awards on SIN-US routes;
                    SIN-LAX vv. on SQ 11/12 seems to have availability, but I can't seem to find J saver seats at all on SIN-JFK vv. on SQ 25/26. Does anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
                      SIN-LAX vv. on SQ 11/12 seems to have availability, but I can't seem to find J saver seats at all on SIN-JFK vv. on SQ 25/26. Does anyone know why?
                      That's because it is a very popular route. It flies SIN-FRA-JFK and SQ11/12 is the only flight you can get J savers to US East Coast and to Germany.

Even if one segment is available, you won't get it because you need both segments.

Got to book way, way in advance. You can try wait-listing on a number of days. I succeeded recently in getting as far as FRA recently.

Comment

Questions between Standard and Full awards..

What is the difference between Standard and Full awards? Looking at chart :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ess_Awards.pdf

For upgrading between say, SIN and HKG there are Saver for 15K, Standard for 30K and Full for 60K....

I know about the saver, but what constitutes between Standard and Full ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

I know about the saver, but what constitutes between Standard and Full ?

Thx
                          Just availability.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
                            Upgraded family of four on the same SQ 26 SIN-JFK flight in early June, upgraded JFK-SIN on SQ 25 last week, all using saver (with 15% online discount to boot). So SQ25/26 saver awards are available. Many open up just a few days before flight, so keep trying

Comment

Working...
                            X