Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting other peoples miles

Hi,

I am going on a SQ flight to Australia with 4 other people at the end of the year. If we all book together and if i used my KrisFlyer number on that booking can i collect the miles on my account form everyone's ticket? Or would it just collect the miles for my ticket?

If i wasn't on the booking but when the flights where booked my KrisFlyer number was used would the miles go onto my account?

I should think it is a no for both, but you never know

Thanks

Yes you are correct, it is no to both questions.

I wish it was not thou as I would have millions of points by now!

Comment

Thought as much.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Providing you are traveling with family members, You could always get everyone to collect miles on their BMI DC FFP. Assign them as nominated family members in your BD account and then transfer the miles to your account as 'head of account'.

You would need to get everyone to agree to this though.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
          Providing you are traveling with family members, You could always get everyone to collect miles on their BMI DC FFP. Assign them as nominated family members in your BD account and then transfer the miles to your account as 'head of account'.

You would need to get everyone to agree to this though.

J
          They are family members. None of us are with DB and i am with KrisFlyer. Do we all need to get BMI accounts?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            They are family members. None of us are with DB and i am with KrisFlyer. Do we all need to get BMI accounts?

Thanks

Yep, you will each need a BD account. You will then need to invite them to join your family membership as head of account.

Each member will accrue miles in their own BMI account, from which you can then transfer straight to your own BMI account (with their permission of course

J

Comment

Thanks very much. I assume i could join although i already have a krisflyer account?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks very much. I assume i could join although i already have a krisflyer account?

Thanks
                Yup, no restrictions on which FFP you join. Only thing is you need to call SQ and replace your KF number in the booking with your BD number.
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks guy much appreciated.

Could i even claim the miles for a trip flown if i am not on the flight or booking?

Thanks

Comment

Could i even claim the miles for a trip flown if i am not on the flight or booking?
                    Retroactive miles claims typically involve sending in the BP, and sometimes even the ticket receipt. Both those contain the traveller's name. (Do you and your relative share the same first and last names? )
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks
                      This I don't think so...

You can't retrospective claim for a flight for someone else..unless the Family account allows.

Comment

Thanks
                        The only thing matters is the name on the ticket and the name on the frequent flyer account. They must match. Nothing else matters. It doesn't matter who paid for it, who was on the flight, who send them to the airport, who picked them up at the airport, who send them flowers, nothing.

If miles were never claimed for a flight, you may be able to established an account for the passenger and do a retro claim. However, retro claims are only allowed, if allowed, on the host airlines program only.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that SQ is a lot more generous with their limited rewards availability with their own KrisFlyer members than they are with other *A members. So if your points are with BMI DC you will have more problems if you want to use them on SQ flights.

Don`t you also loose the 15% saving when using other *A members FFP?

Comment

Working...
                          X