No announcement yet.

DBS Altitude Amex Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More bad news from StanChart!! No more free points without spending wef 01 June 2013!!

Preferred Banking Relationship Rewards
    5.3.1 If you:
    (a) are principal cardholder of the Preferred World Credit Card;
    (b) are the primary account holder of a product within the Product Category; and
    (c) charge at least S$250 worth of retail transaction to your Preferred World Credit Card in a
    particular calendar month,
    you will earn the following 360° Rewards Points :
    (i) 125 points for each of the following Product Categories maintained with us in that calendar
    month: Mortgage Loans, Current and/or Savings Accounts, and Fixed Deposit, where the
    minimum average balance of any Current and/or Savings Account and/or Fixed Deposit
    account is more than S$1;
    (ii) 125 points for performing at least one Online Banking transaction in that calendar month;
    (iii) 250 points for holding selected Investments in that calendar month.

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/...programtnc.pdf

Comment

Apply for DBS card and get 5000 DBS points = 10,000 miles! Must be new to DBS bank and charge $500 by 05 August 2013.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/landi...all-cards.page

Comment

just converted some DBS points into Krisflyer miles. process was quick.

T date - faxed form to relevant parties
        T date - DBS points deducted from DBS rewards account
        T+1 date - Krisflyer miles credited!

Comment

StanChart Singapore Asia Miles transfer:

03 June submit form. Cannot be redeemed online, only KrisFlyer can.

07 June StanChart deduct points.

10 June afternoon reach Asia Miles, S$10 transfer fee. No GST charged although T&C states GST will be charged. KrisFlyer will charge S$25 + GST = S$26.75.
          Last edited by vsepr; 10 June 2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

This is how DBS Singapore appreciate your loyalty for the DBS Altitude Cards:

Please note that with effect from 2 September 2013, miles transfers are effected in blocks of 10,000 DBS Points to 20,000 KrisFlyer miles.

20,000 KrisFlyer Miles
            10000 DBS Points
            Code : 951
            Valid Till 30-Jun-2014

No change for Asia Miles.
            10,000 Asia Miles
            5000 DBS Points
            Code : 952
            Valid Till 30-Jun-2014

https://rewards.dbs.com/Home.aspx

My eyes nearly popped out when I saw the change!!

I guess KrisFlyer is too popular for DBS cardmembers to transfer their points to and its too easy to earn DBS points.

With effect from 1 October 2013, Bill Payments using a DBS Credit Card via the AXS terminals will cease to earn DBS Points.

Citibank is the ONLY card that lets you earn points for bill payment at AXS machines.

I just called the card centre. POSB Everyday card will NOT earn 0.3% cashback for AXS transactions after 01 Oct also.

http://www.posb.com.sg/personal/card...s/default.page

Seems like every year DBS is increasing the blocks of miles to be transferred by 2x. From 500 miles in 2007 to 20000 in 2013. I think in a few years time it will increase to 100,000 miles per block.

If you cannot create that block of miles to transfer, you are not earning any miles.

UOB transfers in blocks of 10,000 miles too.

Please take note of such blind spots. Earning rates maybe very attractive. But when it comes to transferring to miles, it gets harder & harder to create that block to convert as miles, unless you are a very big spender. We must strike a balance between the miles earning rate and the transfer to miles rate, otherwise no matter how good the miles earning rate is, you cannot create that block to transfer to the airline, you are not earning any miles.
            Last edited by vsepr; 22 September 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

then i suggest for those who can to pay income taxes in excess of what they should, just to earn the additional points from DBS to make up whatever blocks of 10k you need.

Comment

Originally posted by adamantine View Post
                then i suggest for those who can to pay income taxes in excess of what they should, just to earn the additional points from DBS to make up whatever blocks of 10k you need.
                Wef 1 October 2013, Bill Payments using a DBS Credit Card via the AXS terminals will cease to earn DBS Points.

=> Paying IRAS income tax will not earn DBS points or 0.3% $back with POSB Everyday card.

Comment

pay it before 1 Oct 2013 then?

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post

With effect from 1 October 2013, Bill Payments using a DBS Credit Card via the AXS terminals will cease to earn DBS Points.

Citibank is the ONLY card that lets you earn points for bill payment at AXS machines.

Can you use Citibank credit card to pay for Income Tax (via AXS)? In other words, is there any way to pay for income tax that can earn points or rebate?

Comment

• Originally posted by tiltonhall View Post
                      Can you use Citibank credit card to pay for Income Tax (via AXS)? In other words, is there any way to pay for income tax that can earn points or rebate?
                      No. Cannot use Citibank credit cards to pay IRAS Income tax at AXS machines. Only DBS and Diners Club. Both do not earn points.

Basically, no more points or cashback to earn after 01 Oct 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                        No. Cannot use Citibank credit cards to pay IRAS Income tax at AXS machines. Only DBS and Diners Club. Both do not earn points.

Basically, no more points or cashback to earn after 01 Oct 2013.
                        That's a bummer ... It was good while it lasted.

Comment

• WTF? These DBS folks really are a bunch of mo*ons. I got the card chiefly for the tax payment and at least managed to by 2012 tax in July. So I guess I just do the suto-payment for SP Power and Starhub go off that one then and pay the money for renewal to get the KF miles.

Raising blocks for transfer to 10K makes it even harder to use, but I guess I'll get there though it requires more monitoring. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                            WTF? These DBS folks really are a bunch of mo*ons. I got the card chiefly for the tax payment and at least managed to by 2012 tax in July. So I guess I just do the suto-payment for SP Power and Starhub go off that one then and pay the money for renewal to get the KF miles.

Raising blocks for transfer to 10K makes it even harder to use, but I guess I'll get there though it requires more monitoring. Oh well.
                            Please note that with effect from 2 September 2013, miles transfers are effected in blocks of 10,000 DBS Points to 20,000 KrisFlyer miles.

https://rewards.dbs.com/Home.aspx

Comment

• I got that part. 10k points I meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                                WTF? These DBS folks really are a bunch of mo*ons. I got the card chiefly for the tax payment and at least managed to by 2012 tax in July. So I guess I just do the suto-payment for SP Power and Starhub go off that one then and pay the money for renewal to get the KF miles.

Or more spending on the card

Comment

Working...
                                X