Thai ROC vs SQ's KF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai ROC vs SQ's KF

Does anyone have a comparision between the 2 FFP? I have around 0.5M worth of miles in my respective credit cards. I can have them sent to either or. I'm SQ's ES, but its pretty useless now since I don't fly long haul anymore and would more likely rely on credit card points for redemption instead. Besides, I have just cleared off my points so I have around 15K in my KF account.

Coming from a purely redemption POV, which FPP should I clock my miles to? I'm cool with flying both SQ & TH, but I'm very disappointed at the lack of Saver for A380 and the 77W (which is most of the destinations that I want to travel to anyway).
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

You're better off with KF.

Unless you like TG's occasional promos such as redeeming TG Y tickets for two pax to go together, at a discount... SQ still more reliable, generally

Comment

1st of all you'll need to decide where you want to redeem to; class of travel as well; and then decide which program gives you the least number of miles needed for that destination(s). It may well be a certain percentage between the 2.

And do look beyond SQ, there's some very nice carriers out there.

Comment

Thanks for the quick turnaround guys. I'm pretty clear on what I want;

1: J only redemption tickets. Its time I enjoy life after working my ass off.
        2: Its likely that I'll be heading to European destinations most of the time. Mainly CDG as I branch out from there as my buddy is there.

JV-JKL also put forth a very important question. On the mileage required to get to the destination that I will require. From what I understand of *A mileage redemption system, if I were to redeem a ticket from SIN - CDG on SQ it will cost me 70K miles. And if I also do the same and redeem it on TH, should it also cost me 70K miles assuming I'm flying SIN - BKK - CDG? Or would it be SIN - BKK (1 set of miles) and BKK - CDG ( 1 set of miles)?

Any advise / comments is more than welcomed!
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
            From what I understand of *A mileage redemption system, if I were to redeem a ticket from SIN - CDG on SQ it will cost me 70K miles. And if I also do the same and redeem it on TH, should it also cost me 70K miles assuming I'm flying SIN - BKK - CDG? Or would it be SIN - BKK (1 set of miles) and BKK - CDG ( 1 set of miles)?

Any advise / comments is more than welcomed!
            1 set SIN-CDG. Origin/Destination is the key.

Comment

Thanks! Will follow up from there.

Mods, please feel free to merge / close this thread. Cheers
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                You're better off with KF.

Unless you like TG's occasional promos such as redeeming TG Y tickets for two pax to go together, at a discount... SQ still more reliable, generally
                Hang on, have I missed something, everybody is being very cryptic here. I know SQ is "more reliable" as an airline, but what has that got to do with the FFP. The OP has a fair question, which is much more specific than the generic "which FFP is best for me", and I for one would like to have a fair debate between KF and ROP, as I am not very familiar with either programme

So, between SQ and TG, which programme is best for:
                - earning status miles and achieving/retaining status
                - earning redemption points in discount Y, full Y and in F or C
                - redeeming on own metal, *A, and partners
                - upgrades on own/*A metal, cash + miles
                - additional elite benefits on own metal (seat block, upgrade vouchers, etc)
                - other special offers - e.g. redemption mileage reductions, bonus miles, partners
                - solo vs family travellers
                - customer service, ease of accessing call centre, online redemptions, etc

Thanks in advance if anyone can supply some more constructive answers

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                  Hang on, have I missed something, everybody is being very cryptic here. I know SQ is "more reliable" as an airline, but what has that got to do with the FFP. The OP has a fair question, which is much more specific than the generic "which FFP is best for me", and I for one would like to have a fair debate between KF and ROP, as I am not very familiar with either programme

So, between SQ and TG, which programme is best for:
                  - earning status miles and achieving/retaining status
                  - earning redemption points in discount Y, full Y and in F or C
                  - redeeming on own metal, *A, and partners
                  - upgrades on own/*A metal, cash + miles
                  - additional elite benefits on own metal (seat block, upgrade vouchers, etc)
                  - other special offers - e.g. redemption mileage reductions, bonus miles, partners
                  - solo vs family travellers
                  - customer service, ease of accessing call centre, online redemptions, etc

My post was strictly referring to the OP's request to consider it from purely a redemption point-of-view, which is what I gave.

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                    The OP has a fair question, which is much more specific than the generic "which FFP is best for me", and I for one would like to have a fair debate between KF and ROP, as I am not very familiar with either programme

There is a ton of information on KF...as well as some nice comparison bullet points regarding ROP and the constructive answers you seek within that thread. Furthermore, this dialog belongs there as it will help others in the future by having all relevant information in one place.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Ok you want to visit CDG in J mainly:

KF:
                      220k return (77W)
                      120k return (star alliance)

ROP:
                      130k return (TG)
                      144k return (star alliance)

Can you send the miles to any other FFP's? Tbh if i were to pick any *A FFP based entirely on redemptions both KF and ROP would be at the bottom of the pile. US is probably the best for redemptions between europe and Asia:
                      110k in F
                      90k in C
                      and no fuel surcharges at all.
                      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                        Ok you want to visit CDG in J mainly:

KF:
                        220k return (77W)
                        120k return (star alliance)

ROP:
                        130k return (TG)
                        144k return (star alliance)

Can you send the miles to any other FFP's? Tbh if i were to pick any *A FFP based entirely on redemptions both KF and ROP would be at the bottom of the pile. US is probably the best for redemptions between europe and Asia:
                        110k in F
                        90k in C
                        and no fuel surcharges at all.
                        Thanks for the heads up. I reckon that the American FPP is probably superior as compared to the Asian ones, but I don't really have a choice as most of my points are stuck in my credit card which offers me a choice of only either KF / ROP.

Considering the various points put forth, I think I'm better sitcking with KF. At least its 120K in J for *A.
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

Comment

Working...
                        X