Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to FPP

Hi,

As many of you can see, I am pretty new to the forums and i hope that members who have been in the FPP can shed some light and share their experiences for someone who is about to embark on that same journey many of you guys have done many years ago. The registration for my first FPP.

Questions

1) I am a student and i do not own a credit card. How do i go about registering for Krisflyer FPP.

2) Is it recommendable to sign up for one when i do not travel occasionally. Heard that Krisflyer miles expire after a period of one year.

3) Whats the difference between the Citibank Miles card and the Krisflyer Card

4) Advantages and Disadvantages of a FPP

5) Krisflyer Elite Silver membership, there is a qualification period where an applicant has to attain 25,000 miles to acquire that status? If i don't, do i get kicked out of the Program?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Macarto View Post
    Hi,

As many of you can see, I am pretty new to the forums and i hope that members who have been in the FPP can shed some light and share their experiences for someone who is about to embark on that same journey many of you guys have done many years ago. The registration for my first FPP.

Questions

1) I am a student and i do not own a credit card. How do i go about registering for Krisflyer FPP.

2) Is it recommendable to sign up for one when i do not travel occasionally. Heard that Krisflyer miles expire after a period of one year.

3) Whats the difference between the Citibank Miles card and the Krisflyer Card

4) Advantages and Disadvantages of a FPP

5) Krisflyer Elite Silver membership, there is a qualification period where an applicant has to attain 25,000 miles to acquire that status? If i don't, do i get kicked out of the Program?

Thanks.
    Hi Macarto,

Welcome to SQTalk.

A lot of information will be found on the website www.singaporeair.com.sg. Registration information can be found on the website.

If you do not travel regularly and do not have a reasonable expenditure on the credit card channel, there is no point being accruing your miles to Krisflyer due to large quantity of miles required to obtain a mileage ticket.

If you are able to accrue a reasonable amount of miles on Citibank Premier Card, best is to keep the miles on the card and don't transfer to Krisflyer as the miles staying in the card does not expire. Again these information can be gleaned from Citibank website or calling their hotline. Assuming the krisflyer card you are talking about is the AMEX Card, their accrual method is different. To go into more details suggest you check [url]www.americanexpress.com.sg. There are older threads that talk on these two credit cards. Suggest you a search for these threads and these will assist your understanding.

Kind Regards.

Comment

You could also look at FFP such as United and US where the miles only expire if there is NO activity in the last 12 or 18 months, and sometimes the redemption can even be cheaper!

Comment

Working...
      X