retroactive mileage claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retroactive mileage claim

HI am wondering if anyone has been in this situation before. Am trying to credit some miles on Air NZ (Albeit very few, but heck its there so why not credit it).

Sent my boading pass to krisflyer online with relevant flight details but they instead asked me to phsically mail them the boarding pass to Singapore for the claim.

MY MAIL
    On seeing the earned miles summary noticed that there were no miles added on the CHC -DUD leg on Air New ZeAland.Thant on the same day as the SQ flight into CHC (23/02/10)

Attached is teh boarding card for your reference,(QG8WEH).
    Thank you

Dear Mr Singh

Thank you for your email dated 17 March 2010 to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding your retroactive mileage claim. We have tried to contact you but were unsuccessful.

We would like to inform you that you may request for miles to be retroactively credited to your KrisFlyer account.

Before proceeding with your claim, please check the mileage accrual eligibility of your flights by following the link below:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...FOALLevels.pdf

You may proceed to submit your claim upon confirmation that you have flown on accruable classes of travel.

Retroactive mileage claims with our partner airlines require the submission of the completed ‘Retroactive Mileage Claim’ form together with the electronic ticket receipts and the original boarding passes. We would like to suggest that you make copies of these documents before mailing them to the address below:

KrisFlyer Membership Services
    PO Box 177
    Singapore Post Centre Post Office
    Singapore 914006

Kindly send these documents to us as soon as possible as there is a six-month grace period for retroactive mileage claims.

Processing will commence as soon as we receive all the required documents and it may take six to eight weeks. You may monitor the status of your claim by checking your statement at www.krisflyer.com.

The rest of the mail is omited as it speaks of SQ retroactive claim.

Am wonderinf at this age why cant it be done online? cheers

Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
    ....Am wonderinf at this age why cant it be done online? cheers
    Too many people learned how to Photoshop. It is pretty easy to photoshop your BP and submit it to all 19 Star Alliance programs for mileage credit.

I think only some US based airlines still accept copies or images. Most foreign airlines, including SQ, require originals for retro claims.

Comment

My guess is that to avoid you from claiming miles on various *A FFPs for the same flight, they need you to post the original BP. Although with that said, I have done many retroactive claims with KF by only posting a colour photocopy of the BP.
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Too many people learned how to Photoshop. It is pretty easy to photoshop your BP and submit it to all 19 Star Alliance programs for mileage credit.

I think only some US based airlines still accept copies or images. Most foreign airlines, including SQ, require originals for retro claims.

I kinda dont understand. as they (SQ) checked in my bags direct to my final destination which included the last leg on Air NZ so how to fake it. They did that at the check in counter in KUL and I took it that the staff there will do the credit but she did not,

Comment

Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
          I kinda dont understand. as they (SQ) checked in my bags direct to my final destination which included the last leg on Air NZ so how to fake it. They did that at the check in counter in KUL and I took it that the staff there will do the credit but she did not,
          In theory, you could have changed your FFP number to a different airlines with NZ staff later. There is no way for SQ to know. Of course, I am sure you didn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Irrelevant if the FFPs follow their procedures properly. When a missing mileage claim is submitted they are supposed to check with the operating airline if miles are due or have already been credited.

Comment

Working...
            X