Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping Up and Redeeming KrisFlyer Miles vs Buying Ticket

Hi,

I have 21250 KrisFlyer Miles. Not many really....

I would like to buy a one way ticket on MAN > BNE probably the week before xmas. What would be the best way? Would it work out cheaper to buy more miles and pay for my fight using those? Or Maybe a discount on the flight?

Or Maybe i could spend them on something else?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 18 March 2010, 05:54 AM.

You need 50% of the miles required for the redemption to be able to top up. I dont think you have enough unfortunately.

You may find it easier to buy a ticket especially since redemptions around Xmas are rare.

If you really want to use miles, you could take advantage of the current US airways promo which gives 100% bonus on miles purchased. So you could buy 50,000 plus you would receive a further 50,000 for approx USD 1,500. THis is certainly enough to get you a business class return to asia, not sure about Aus though. Take a look.

J

Comment

Topping up with SQ will cost you 4 US-Cents per mile - that is just ridiculous.

If you are in a country where Amex is offering MR transfers to Krisflyer, you can reduce this price to 3 US-Cents per mile buy purchasing MR points and then transfer them.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the Replies.

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
        You need 50% of the miles required for the redemption to be able to top up. I dont think you have enough unfortunately.

You may find it easier to buy a ticket especially since redemptions around Xmas are rare.

If you really want to use miles, you could take advantage of the current US airways promo which gives 100% bonus on miles purchased. So you could buy 50,000 plus you would receive a further 50,000 for approx USD 1,500. THis is certainly enough to get you a business class return to asia, not sure about Aus though. Take a look.

J
        Thanks i dont think it will be worth it to be honest. I only want an economy one way ticket.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        Topping up with SQ will cost you 4 US-Cents per mile - that is just ridiculous.

If you are in a country where Amex is offering MR transfers to Krisflyer, you can reduce this price to 3 US-Cents per mile buy purchasing MR points and then transfer them.
        I don’t have an American Express Card i am afraid.

Is there anything else i can get with these miles? I Discount or maybe extra baggage allowence?

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post

J
          I can't find this promotion on their website. What I saw was the Multiplier miles promotion, where you need to buy a ticket before they will double or triple your actual miles for a fee.

Can you advise further?

Comment

Could it be this one?

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi.../buymiles.html

Looks like it only works for Dividend Miles members (it rejected my KrisFlyer account).

Comment

Can i buy extra baggage allowance with my points please?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Can i buy extra baggage allowance with my points please?
                Not with SQ. Suggest you read through www.singaporeair.com as it filled with plenty information that you may need.

Comment

Working...
                X