No announcement yet.

Krisflyer AMEX - should I apply for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer AMEX - should I apply for it?

Sorry if this is discussed before, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, I'm seriously considering applying for the Krisflyer AmericanExpress Gold, cause it looks pretty attractive. Wondering if there are others using this card? I'm in KUL so for every MYR 2 I spend, I earn 1 KF mile. 3000 miles for the first time swiping it, and double points when booking on SQ's website. However, AFAIK in Malaysia AMEX cards are not widely accepted compared to Mastercard, Visa.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

deleted
    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I think for 3,000 free miles, you have nothing to lose even if you don't use it. You also have everything to gain as it allows you access into the Plaza Premium lounge in KLIA.

So, don't spend a cent and you still get both of the above. It's free so apply for it...

Comment

That card is probably the best FFP credit card in Malaysia now. Compare it to the CIMB Enrich Gold Mastercard (MH), it only gives you 1 mile for MYR 4 spent. And it doesn't give you lounge access. Most major stores and restaurants in KL accept AMEX, but nevertheless it's good to have an alternate card.
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

I found the SIA AMEX card exceptional value.

Apart form the benefits already mentioned, you get extra points for flights originating from Singapore. The yearly gift (from memory) was 50% off the points required for an economy flight (with a cap on points) or 50% off the points required for an upgrade (also capped).

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo Zep View Post
            I found the SIA AMEX card exceptional value.

Apart form the benefits already mentioned, you get extra points for flights originating from Singapore. The yearly gift (from memory) was 50% off the points required for an economy flight (with a cap on points) or 50% off the points required for an upgrade (also capped).
            Sorry to throw the conversation away from the original post, but seen this topic has the most recent discussion on the discount vouchers I thought I would ask my question here.

I have an Australian issued SIA Amex which has the first year anniversary coming up, does anyone know how these vouchers are used, can they be redeemed on line or will they require a telephone booking thus missing the 15% on line discount???

Thanks for any information, and again I am sorry to throw the conversation off topic.

SQ238.

Comment

When I used the vouchers I had to call and book so yes, I did not get the 15% discount as well as the voucher value. However, they also help with points top-up if you need that at the same time... useful if you are booking 2 of you at the same time and want to use the voucher for one of the tix.

Having said that, I have found SIA far more accommodating with flight redemptions than any other airline. I've got some QF points that are very hard to redeem for any flight I value...

Comment

Working...
              X