Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver F awards now abolished on 744s?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find a link...

I was looking at booking SIN-LAX on the 744 in F - and for Saver it says not offered. Has SQ removed it now from the last remaining 744 services?

Thanks,

Well I just did a first saver redemption on Sunday for SQ 26 (SIN-FRA) to fly off the following day (just reached Europe yesterday actually). Been trying to do it for a while but could not. Seems SQ are only opening up the first saver redemptions at the last minute.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

thanks for the reply...

I tried to book on one of the last 744 flights SYD-SIN - it was only waitlist for Saver F - it never cleared even up until the day before departure...the F cabin was still showing 12 seats available - not even one commercial booking. Looks like they don't want people to use F savers on SkySuites anymore...

Comment

You could try calling KF up and see what they say, assuming you are redeeming via KF and not another *A FFP.

Yup, with the retiring of the 744 fleet, it does seem that F saver redemptions are going the way of the dodo. Very soon they will only be available for the remaining 773's (that have not gone through the refurbishment).
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I don't think this is so. Last week, I just made a F-saver award booking for SQ25 for travel in Aug/Sep and found that there were seats (actually, its "seat" - they offered only 1 seat per flight) for many of the dates that I was checking out.

I did notice something interesting though. Sometimes, you will see "Not offered" under F-saver and sometimes, you will see "Wait-list". The latter means the quota is exceeded so you can waitlist but possibly to eternity.

I was confused about "Not offered". What does it mean? No F-saver offered, just like no redemption is possible on "Suites"? Or, the quota is used and the waitlist is also full, so its "not available"? Anyway, I called up Krisflyer to check on that date and found "not offered" means "redemption booking is full", ie. "not available". I think SIA should ammend the term "Not offered" so its less confusing.

Comment

SQ are just controlling Saver inventory (not necessarily only in F but also in J) more than normal. A quick call to KF usually allows waitlisting, speaking from my personal experiences only...

Comment

About a month back I made a Saver F redemption booking for FRA-SIN-MEL for mid July.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                I did notice something interesting though. Sometimes, you will see "Not offered" under F-saver and sometimes, you will see "Wait-list". The latter means the quota is exceeded so you can waitlist but possibly to eternity.

I was confused about "Not offered". What does it mean?
                I think it is a computer glitch. I encountered this very often last few months. Click on "change itinerary" and switch dates, then switch back and you may see the "not offered" turned to "wait-list". Happens for J saver awards too.

I think some bros there got the glitch to their benefit when booking J on the 380 or 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post

I think some bros there got the glitch to their benefit when booking J on the 380 or 77W.

yea, i score J saver on A380 SYD-SIN in July.

Also, i just make a F saver booking for SQ11 for end of July and it's showing me availability.

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                    yea, i score J saver on A380 SYD-SIN in July.

Also, i just make a F saver booking for SQ11 for end of July and it's showing me availability.
                    Well done!

I've not been so furtunate this last year, though... despite trying on and off to test the waters... haha...

Comment

Working...
                    X