AMEX 10+10 = 7.8 KF miles per SGD spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEX 10+10 = 7.8 KF miles per SGD spent

American Express is offering a 10 + 10 membership rewards deal for both the Platinum Reserve and the Platinum Charge Card with selected merchants:

AMEX is awarding 10 MR points per 1,60 SGD spent and then doubles those MR points for the promotion: 1.000 SGD translates into 12.500 MR points. Those 12.500 MR points can be converted into 7812 KF miles.

That is 7.8 KF miles per SGD spent!

Good if you want to buy a watch with Hour Glass or shop at ION Orchard.

For the first 4,000 SGD spent on the Platinum Reserve Card with selected merchants, the member is receiving double rewards, the Platinum Charge Card is giving double rewards for the first 16,000 SGD.

Also if you have a platinum reserve (maybe standard platinum as well) you can apply for a Kris flyer gold card with no monthly/joining fee and get all the free miles that way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
      Also if you have a platinum reserve (maybe standard platinum as well) you can apply for a Kris flyer gold card with no monthly/joining fee and get all the free miles that way as well.
      yes - it applies for the regular platinum as well

JWNY
      drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
        Sorry to dig up an old thread... but does this allow double-dipping? I.e. you spend with the Plat, but KF Gold Amex gets the 'spend' and shoots the miles over into your KF account every month?

I thought the Plat only accumulated Amex 'points' that you have to convert into miles? Not sure of the conversion ratio (1:1?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Sorry to dig up an old thread... but does this allow double-dipping? I.e. you spend with the Plat, but KF Gold Amex gets the 'spend' and shoots the miles over into your KF account every month?

I thought the Plat only accumulated Amex 'points' that you have to convert into miles? Not sure of the conversion ratio (1:1?)
          No double dipping, kyo.

Plat get Amex points
          KF Gold / PPS Plat gets KF miles

But if you have the Amex plat, they will waive the charges / annual fees for the KF Gold / PPS Plat cards.

Comment

Thanks SJJ, much clearer now

Comment

Since both the Platinum Amex and KF Amex accrue at 1 point per $1.6 spent (though you do get double miles on the Plat if you have that), isn't it worth considering the new Amex Rewards which offers points at 1 point per $1 spent?

All of the Amex MR cards transfer to KF at 1.6 points to 1 mile, is that correct?

Thanks.

Comment

I've had a chat with Amex and it seems the card you spend on doesn't matter if you have more than one card, just the total spend... you can have all the cards if you qualify for them, but each has its own privileges and earn in their own different ways. It's further complicated by the earn ratio changing depending on which merchants you spend at... then they confuse it further by adding Plat merchants... 10X+10

Bit of a pain, but rewarding for those who're interested in playing the game...

Comment

Working...
                X