Solitaire complimentary companion card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitaire complimentary companion card

I will qualify for Solitaire next month and one of the benefits is the complimentary card for your spouse/companion.

Currently my wife has KrisFlyer Elite Gold status, therefore if I nominate her to receive the complimentary Solitaire card as my wife, will SQ simply upgrade the status of her current account, or create a new account?

Secondly it's not clear if her Solitaire status be actually linked to my account, or will it remain independent albeit with Solitaire status for the duration I retain Solitaire status?

I assumed they would apply the status to her existing account, but that was based upon common sense?

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
    I will qualify for Solitaire next month and one of the benefits is the complimentary card for your spouse/companion.

Currently my wife has KrisFlyer Elite Gold status, therefore if I nominate her to receive the complimentary Solitaire card as my wife, will SQ simply upgrade the status of her current account, or create a new account?

Secondly it's not clear if her Solitaire status be actually linked to my account, or will it remain independent albeit with Solitaire status for the duration I retain Solitaire status?

I assumed they would apply the status to her existing account, but that was based upon common sense?
    Hi AsiaCommuter. Glad you are getting your TPPS and there are probably not too many new entrants to TPPS based on the revised PPS requirements. Expect less to enter later on due to the value based system.

Your Mrs will get a status upgrade to TPPS based on your status. Her tier bonus mileage accrual e.g. 25% more miles on her travel will still be based on her own status. In this case, as a Gold card holder, she still gets her 25% tier bonus.

There is no new account for my Mrs when she received a supplementary card.

Comment

Thanks LionCity for the info. Makes sense I was worried the wife could end up with two cards.
      Yes you are right, 18 months of hardcore travel to get Solitaire, they certainly raised the bar making it value based. The irony is there is very little "value" in having the Solitaire status in real terms. The majority of the benefits you get anyway with your ticket if you are travelling at the pointed end of the plane.

I guess I cannot be any worse having reached Solitaire.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
        Thanks LionCity for the info. Makes sense I was worried the wife could end up with two cards.
        Yes you are right, 18 months of hardcore travel to get Solitaire, they certainly raised the bar making it value based. The irony is there is very little "value" in having the Solitaire status in real terms. The majority of the benefits you get anyway with your ticket if you are travelling at the pointed end of the plane.

I guess I cannot be any worse having reached Solitaire.

Cheers
        Liked what you said its of lesser value if you are travelling at the pointed end of the plane. In my case, it is not so extreme front that I normally sits in and it has its uses when J gets overbooked. I do stand some chances of moving up. But if it is BOM, HKG and CGK.....I will discount my chances substantially. Just too many LPPS and Higher hierarchy TPPS ahead of me.

Comment

Working...
        X