SQ hop ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ hop ideas

I'm thinking of going somewhere over the long Vesak Day weekend (27-30th May) and was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions? Ex-SIN of course.

Am using KF miles so will have to be within the SQ routemap. As I'm on a short leash of time, flight should probably not take too long either. Preferably city environment, since I'm looking at a chill urban environment.

Was looking at going to NKG, but I just realised SQ doesn't fly there anymore and was advised by a friend that 4D3N was too short a time to really take in SYD.

Appreciate any help!

Anybody? :/

Comment

How about Perth?
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

HKG? A rather short flight from SIN, and you can't get much more of an urban environment than Honkers!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've always gotten the impression that PER is a bit boring, and hard to navigate without a car, especially from mates who've been at UWA.

HKG is definitely worth a look I guess, although I've been to a lot of Chinese cities lately, so that's a bit putting me off.

Any idea on the advice I've gotten that 4D3N is too short to get a good feel of SYD?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
            Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've always gotten the impression that PER is a bit boring, and hard to navigate without a car, especially from mates who've been at UWA.

HKG is definitely worth a look I guess, although I've been to a lot of Chinese cities lately, so that's a bit putting me off.

Any idea on the advice I've gotten that 4D3N is too short to get a good feel of SYD?

Cheers.
            Not sure what you mean by a good feel. It's just that the flight is longer and you'd be more tired on arrival at Sydney as compared with Perth. I've done shot hops to Perth numerous times just for a breather. Car rental is not too expensive and you can visit Margaret River or Swan Valley wineries if the city bores you. Sydney is more cosmopolitan and the nightlife is better. If you stay within the city, 3 days there can be quite OK. If you have another couple of days, you may want to visit the Blue montains nearby.

In the end, you may be more constained by what reward tickets you can claim. That weekend is gonna be hot and it is already mid-Feb.

Comment

hmm, availability to SYD on those days still seems alright.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                hmm, availability to SYD on those days still seems alright.

Thanks for the advice chaps.
                Then go for it and have a great time, mate!

Comment

You won´t finish (or come close to finishing) SYD in 4D3N. But if you know exactly where to go to have a blast, make no mistake, it will be alot of fun. I managed to hit most of my stomping grounds last year simply over the Easter weekend, 3D2N. But then again, I knew exactly where I was going... (and I also used taxis quite a bit)

Comment

Ok great. I'm on SQ231 SIN-SYD on the 27th and SQ222 SYD-SIN on the 30th. Thanks all for your help

Comment

Working...
                    X