Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight to make PPS on Monday: benefits to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight to make PPS on Monday: benefits to expect?

Hello, I'm off to EWR on Monday for a 24 hr trip, on the outbound flight I'll qualify for PPS.

Are there any good benefits for PPS? I'm searching threads, but just wondered if there was a snapshot? I'll be PPS for the return, but there's nothing more they can do for me really

Oh, and I got offered 11A and 11k for seating - first row on the A340-500 which is weird as normally I have to sell a kidney to get a window seat - is this just good luck (or are they dreadful seats?)

Just rambling. But any thoughts, anecdotes, etc. all gratefully received.

I just qualified for PPS last week. Have not experienced the 'god like treatment' in the air yet (will do so tomorrow though on SIN-CGK) but one big difference i have noticed is the Call centre - after you enter your KF number you are automatically sent straight through to an agent based in singapore ..... so no need to choose options etc etc.. Have not been put thru to ICC yet. Hold times are very short in comparison.

Got my PPS pack in the post very fast after qualifying with some nice leather luggage tags (look much nicer than the EG ones with the plastic thing that falls off after a few trips). The card looks a bit different to ones i have seen.

In the air ... will wait and see. I think if you are in F or J then there is no real benefit other than double luggage allowance and first choice of meal.

Comment

Originally posted by aislealways View Post
      Hello, I'm off to EWR on Monday for a 24 hr trip, on the outbound flight I'll qualify for PPS.
      Well done! I think it's something one should do just once in your life if you get the opportunity... like flying Concorde.

Oh, and I got offered 11A and 11k for seating - first row on the A340-500 which is weird as normally I have to sell a kidney to get a window seat - is this just good luck (or are they dreadful seats?)
      Mon - Wed are quiet days and it's reflected in the fare. Cheaper than traveling Fri - Sun. Maybe that's why you got row 11

Are there any good benefits for PPS? I'm searching threads, but just wondered if there was a snapshot? I'll be PPS for the return, but there's nothing more they can do for me really
      Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
      I just qualified for PPS last week. Have not experienced the 'god like treatment' in the air yet ...
      There are unseen benefits. For example, have you tried walking on water yet?...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        Well done! I think it's something one should do just once in your life if you get the opportunity... like flying Concorde.

Mon - Wed are quiet days and it's reflected in the fare. Cheaper than traveling Fri - Sun. Maybe that's why you got row 11

ha ha ha, thank you for the note, it's actually my 2nd time doing it and I found it a bit tedious to be honest the first time... in fact in the past 10 days i've done SFO for a day, london for a day, KL for a day and now NYC for 2 days. Madness... will check re: walking on water. Hopefully not during the flight...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Thanks for the tip! I will give PPS a try...

Comment

Working...
          X