No announcement yet.

The PPS Circle but not only... also KF Gold and KF silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit...SIN-LAX return once a month on Y class. Not cool.
    I went to Europe 5 times last year on Y class and I am thinking of changing jobs now, to a company with better travel perks !!

Originally posted by Audio View Post
    Dare not say or reveal.......

But most of my flights are the long ones. I was doing SQ20/19, now renumbered as SQ38/37, SIN-LAX-SIN almost every month. Fortunately, company do allow these Airbus 340-500 direct flights though it costs slightly more than SQ 12/11. I would not have made it if I have to fly on the 747s. The B777 (SQ30/29) do offer enough room as compared to the 747 and I make sure I do a bowl of Beef noodles for breakfast while transiting at Taipei airport.

(Audio)

Comment

thread is now updated.
      Welcome aboard to the new entries
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
        Shit...SIN-LAX return once a month on Y class. Not cool.
        I went to Europe 5 times last year on Y class and I am thinking of changing jobs now, to a company with better travel perks !!
        tsk tsk tsk....looks like I got a higher tolerance than you. Even my #1 man in my office flys EY. Cannot complain because his reasoning is, instead of FC or BC, we can do many more EY for the same budget.

That is why I am easily an *G and forever capped at that. (OK lah, my wife just got PPS and I managed to walk into the SKL for the first time a few weeks ago, as a guest of my wife... )

(Audio)
        ________
        Toyota Origin specifications
        Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Audio, have you considered LH? Since you're always on that flight and its booked in Y, LH offers 150% miles........

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Audio, have you considered LH? Since you're always on that flight and its booked in Y, LH offers 150% miles........
            Errr.......

*Any SIA staff in this forum??*

Like many of you, I am loyal to my national carrier even though I will never be a PPS and will never enjoy any of the special benefits SIA dishes out.

SIA sports a great IFE system which is essential on all long-haul flights and I don't think LH can match up.

(Audio)
            ________
            buy volcano vaporizer

Comment

Errr.......

*Any SIA staff in this forum??*

Like many of you, I am loyal to my national carrier even though I will never be a PPS and will never enjoy any of the special benefits SIA dishes out.

SIA sports a great IFE system which is essential on all long-haul flights and I don't think LH can match up.

(Audio)
              I think 9V-JKL may have been asking about whether you considered banking with LH's FFP, not flying LH.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I think 9V-JKL may have been asking about whether you considered banking with LH's FFP, not flying LH.
                Ahem....you meant banking with LH but the milages accumulated would still eventually ended up with flying with LH....right?

Or are you saying that I bank with LH, earn the 150% milages and then transfer it back to SQ?

Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to this milage thing.

(Audio)
                ________
                CBR250

Comment

Ahem....you meant banking with LH but the milages accumulated would still eventually ended up with flying with LH....right?

Or are you saying that I bank with LH, earn the 150% milages and then transfer it back to SQ?

Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to this milage thing.

(Audio)
                  Bank with LH, earn 150% miles, and use the LH miles to redeem on SQ. This is possible because LH and SQ are partners.

Comment

jjpb3 is correct. Sorry for not being clear

Comment

I am QPP03

Comment

Originally posted by NZPPS View Post
                        I am QPP03
                        Congrats, NZPPS.

Comment

Hmm..but I guess you get the 150% only when you achieve gold status with LH ?

I guess there are other benefits in banking with SQ if you also use KF credit card, you can combine points from flying and credit card spending.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Bank with LH, earn 150% miles, and use the LH miles to redeem on SQ. This is possible because LH and SQ are partners.

Comment

Actually no, Y & S fares get 150% on LH

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Actually no, Y & S fares get 150% on LH
                              For the complete miles earning on LH M&Mwhen taking SQ flights, see here.

First Class A F P 300% / 1,500
                              Business Class C D J Z 200% / 1,000
                              Economy Class S Y 150% / 750
                              Economy Class B E H L M U 100% / 500
                              Economy Class K W 50% / 500

Once you reach Silver, your status miles as well as redeemable miles will get bonus 25% from the BIS.

Comment

I guess there are other benefits in banking with SQ if you also use KF credit card, you can combine points from flying and credit card spending.
                                With the release of the PPS changes, I am also torn between banking my miles with KF or LH. There is the KF credit card and double miles when buying SQ tickets online versus the minium miles and 150% to 300% mile acrument.

Comment

Working...
                                X