Posting NH Domestic miles to KF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting NH Domestic miles to KF

Was wondering if anyone here has had experience posting NH miles earned on domestic flights within Japan to KF? I've got a couple of questions I would appreciate help with.

1. Are NH domestic fares even accruable on SQ?

2. What's the best way to post the miles to KF? They don't usually use boarding passes for domestic flights but if that would help I could get to the airport early to try to change my 2D boarding papers with a proper boarding pass.

3. My ticket accrues at 75% of the miles flown - I think KF accrues NH fares as 70% of miles flown. Does that means I accrue 70% of the 75%?

Many thanks in advance, and grateful for all guidance.

Firstly, what fare class have you booked on NH?

1. NH domestic fares are accruable on BD, that much I can confirm... to answer this question definitively, need to know the Fare Class, I think

2. NH does issue BPs for domestic segments (in fact, it even comes in a cute little envelope, but the BPs are printed on tiny pink/white slips of paper). You should also consider upgrading the domestic segments at check-in if available. I had a great NGO-CTS flight by doing that for a tiny bit more.

3. Refer to 1.

Comment

Thanks Kyo. The fare is a "Tokuwari7" type fare but I can't find anything anywhere which uses the usual Y,S,B,E,M,W type of language - which is not helpful I guess.

I'll try upgrading on my outbound. it's an unearthly 6.40am departure and I could do with extra sleep. haha. It's a 2 hour odd flight so I guess its worth it.

Comment

No idea what a Tokuwari 7 fare is, actually... but a quick call to NH (office in SIN is closed now), would clear that up pretty fast I think!

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
          The fare is a "Tokuwari7" type fare but I can't find anything anywhere which uses the usual Y,S,B,E,M,W type of language - which is not helpful I guess.
          It's just a name like SQ's "flexi saver" but it does translate to a fare class.

Comment

Thanks Jhm - Tokuwari basically means "special fare/promotion". But yeah, I was just trying to find out if books into one of the accruable classes on KF. Unfortunately the ANA reservation engine doesn't provide the standard "YSBEM etc." sort of language for the booking which will let me do a straight confirmation with the KF mileage accrual chart. I've tried looking through various links in both english and japanese on my booking to look for it but it just simply isn't there (or i'm too daft to realise it's there).

It's ok though. I've managed to add my KF member number onto my booking so I'll just see if and how many miles get added on.

Comment

Thanks Jhm - Tokuwari basically means "special fare/promotion". But yeah, I was just trying to find out if books into one of the accruable classes on KF. Unfortunately the ANA reservation engine doesn't provide the standard "YSBEM etc." sort of language for the booking which will let me do a straight confirmation with the KF mileage accrual chart. I've tried looking through various links in both english and japanese on my booking to look for it but it just simply isn't there (or i'm too daft to realise it's there).
              I remember seeing the Japanese names when I was looking at fare rules for flights ex-Japan (I can't remember whether this was JL, NH or another airline). So - if you're bored - you can always have a look in KVS/Expertflyer and you may be able to find one which calls itself Tokuwari.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I remember seeing the Japanese names when I was looking at fare rules for flights ex-Japan (I can't remember whether this was JL, NH or another airline). So - if you're bored - you can always have a look in KVS/Expertflyer and you may be able to find one which calls itself Tokuwari.
                Looking now at JL domestic fares, I'm not sure what I wrote above is correct. I can see domestic JL fares (e.g. tokubin 7 for 7 day advance purchase) which don't come up on Sabre (which only shows the full fare Y).

Comment

Well the happy thing is that my NH domestic miles were credited to my KF account within two days. The (slightly) unhappy thing is that it seels that I got only about 40% of the actual miles flown? oh this puzzles me but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Some miles are better than none.

Comment

Well the happy thing is that my NH domestic miles were credited to my KF account within two days. The (slightly) unhappy thing is that it seels that I got only about 40% of the actual miles flown? oh this puzzles me but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Some miles are better than none.
                    did you upgrade?
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

No I didn't upgrade. Not particularly worth upgrading for short hops, especially when one has exit seats in abundence.

Comment

No I didn't upgrade. Not particularly worth upgrading for short hops, especially when one has exit seats in abundence.
                        Well I guess your thoughts changed as earlier you said
                        "It's a 2 hour odd flight so I guess its worth it."
                        How much would the upgrade be? I know nothing about domestic on departure upgrades in Japan. Are they cheap?
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Ah ok - apologies. That 3 hour flight to Okinawa was an exception. That one I didn't upgrade because the flight was full.

Other hops within Japan weren't more than slightly over an hour so didn't see a need to upgrade.

For ANA, I think upgrading costs 3000-5000 yen on check in. Personally I think JAL has a better upgrade deal, and as JHM pointed out, their F on domestic routes are very good.

Comment

Working...
                          X