Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can nominee use my KF points for Star Alliance upgrades/awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can nominee use my KF points for Star Alliance upgrades/awards?

Question as above.

Or are KF points only usable by the nominee for upgrades/awards on SQ metal?

I have booked my nominees for award flights on AirNZ. *A awards need to be booked over the phone to the call centre.

I use the ANAtool to locate award availability on *A aircraft.

Check your Krisflyer login for the link Loyalty Programs>>Redeem Miles>>Award Charts>>STAR ALLIANCE AWARD CHARTS

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post
      I have booked my nominees for award flights on AirNZ. *A awards need to be booked over the phone to the call centre.

I use the ANAtool to locate award availability on *A aircraft.

Check your Krisflyer login for the link Loyalty Programs>>Redeem Miles>>Award Charts>>STAR ALLIANCE AWARD CHARTS
      Can't the nominee do the booking for award flights herself with the call centre? Or is it for only *alliance awards I need to do for my nominee with the call centre? Cos she does it herself when redeeming on SQ with my points.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
        Can't the nominee do the booking for award flights herself with the call centre? Or is it for only *alliance awards I need to do for my nominee with the call centre? Cos she does it herself when redeeming on SQ with my points.
        I've always made the bookings on behalf of my redemption nominees.

Reading the Krisflyer program details they also imply that you have to make the booking although nominees can collect and board without you being present.

Redemption nominees

As a KrisFlyer member, you can nominate as many as
        five family members or friends for whom you can redeem
        your KrisFlyer miles for flight awards. Your nominees can
        start enjoying free travel awards immediately.
        You may also authorise your redemption nominees
        to collect tickets for flight awards on your behalf and
        for themselves.

For more information, please refer to Making the
        Most of Your Membership Online on page 14 of this
        programme guide.
        https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...rammeGuide.pdf

Comment

I thought during the nomination process, you can select if you want the nominee to be able to book awards. Can't see why there should be a difference between SQ flights and *A flights, but of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

Interesting point hsf. The wording from the Nominee redemption page:

Authorized nominees refer to those nominees whom you have authorised to make bookings and receive redemption tickets for themselves and on your behalf. Where applicable proof of identification have to be produced when the redemption tickets are collected.
            Seems to imply that a nominee can be authorised to make their own bookings.

Comment

Working...
            X