Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A moment of indecision - then sanity prevailed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A moment of indecision - then sanity prevailed.

SQ232 SYD-SIN on Christmas Day has had an aircraft substitution.
    It's now showing 77W instead of 73A, with J Saver availability.
    Just for a moment I toyed with the idea of going on that flight.
    How tragic am I.
    It would be even more tragic if there was another substitution to the old 773.
    Just thought I'd share.
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    May it be a blessed and joyful time for all.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

They changed my flight this morning (Dept 0815) on 24th December, SQ220 from SYD to SIN from a 77W I think, to a 747-400.

Scored a business class upgrade as well!

Edit not a 77W, a 772ER apparently. Swear when I booked it, it was a 77W or 773.
    Last edited by Logan^; 24 December 2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan^ View Post
      They changed my flight this morning (Dept 0815) on 24th December, SQ220 from SYD to SIN from a 77W I think, to a 747-400.

Scored a business class upgrade as well!

Edit not a 77W, a 772ER apparently. Swear when I booked it, it was a 77W or 773.
      SQ219/220 would have been a 73A not 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        It would be even more tragic if there was another substitution to the old 773.
        Happened to me a couple of weeks ago... Still arguing with SQ to get my points refunded but for some reason they stopped answering my emails (was an upgrade booking).
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Happened to me a couple of weeks ago... Still arguing with SQ to get my points refunded but for some reason they stopped answering my emails (was an upgrade booking).
          Sorry to hear that.
          If I were in your position, I would get on the phone to KF Services in SIN to get my miles refunded. If not successful there, then a written letter (snail mail).
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
            Sorry to hear that.
            If I were in your position, I would get on the phone to KF Services in SIN to get my miles refunded. If not successful there, then a written letter (snail mail).
            Currently in the midst of doing that. Was down at the SQ office in town today and it seems they lost my trace of emails (was communicating with one of their Customer Service Managers via email and it suddenly "stopped" for about 8 days). Bringing a copy down on Monday to sort it out.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
            X