Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the rumoured changes to KrisFlyer/PPS Club???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the rumoured changes to KrisFlyer/PPS Club???

Many discussion threads make reference to the rumoured changes that are planned to KrisFlyer and PPS Club? Anybody actual have any idea, or pure speculation....?

SQ has confirmed that it is reviewing the availability of both Star Awards for their new aircraft as well as saver availability. Expect changes along those lines. I have confirmation from Star Alliance partners as well that there will be changes.

Comment

Quite ridiculous for SQ to still use the term "New" aircraft, considering that the 77W and A380 have been around for some time now

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        Quite ridiculous for SQ to still use the term "New" aircraft, considering that the 77W and A380 have been around for some time now
        Where exactly and in what context did SQ recently use those precise terms -- "new aircraft" -- to refer to the 77W and A380?
        Last edited by jjpb3; 9 September 2009, 01:38 AM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Where exactly and in what context did SQ recently use those precise terms -- "new aircraft" -- to refer to the 77W and A380?
          I used the term "new aircraft" meaning "new Business Class" meaning Diamond Seat... Don't play difficult guys, you are all waiting for saver awards on those flights...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            I used the term "new aircraft" meaning "new Business Class" meaning Diamond Seat... Don't play difficult guys, you are all waiting for saver awards on those flights...
            I could see that. I was reacting to someone attributing the phrase to SQ and then calling the situation ridiculous.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              I could see that. I was reacting to someone attributing the phrase to SQ and then calling the situation ridiculous.
              OK..my bad I should have read more carefully.

Comment

So I am guessing there is no timetable for any new changes to Krisflyer/PPS?

Cheers

Comment

I'll be the 1st to admit that I would want more saver seats. I've finally saved enough for 2 seats to LA / NY and I find I can't book any savers

Hope I can clear off my miles once and for all, nicely
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Any updates? Like inix, I'm looking to burn some miles on redemptions. But the non saver prices are just way expensive - making it not worth it to burn miles for those flights! Exhorbitant!

It would be nice to be able to fly in the "new" planes/seats. But I'm also ok with Spacebeds or 744 F. Problem is: not enough saver seats going round..

Comment

I've just booked a standard F awared ZRH-SIN-SYD for AUG10 in the hopes the ZRH-SIN will be A380 which means I would be reprotected into Suites...but knowing SQ they will prob deny me this and reprotect as MXP-SIN or FRA-SIN...

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                        I've just booked a standard F awared ZRH-SIN-SYD for AUG10 in the hopes the ZRH-SIN will be A380 which means I would be reprotected into Suites...but knowing SQ they will prob deny me this and reprotect as MXP-SIN or FRA-SIN...
                        They won't do that. If you have a booking in F on any aircraft and it gets switched to the A380 you'll fly in Suites. Many people have already done so.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          They won't do that. If you have a booking in F on any aircraft and it gets switched to the A380 you'll fly in Suites. Many people have already done so.
                          There is some report to the contrary on FT though.

Whether that was an exception or not, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                          X