Beware: AMEX PPS Voucher Conditions might change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware: AMEX PPS Voucher Conditions might change

I called SQ to redeem my new AMEX PPS Voucher for a one-way business redemption ticket and was told the redemption in business class is only intended for Solitaire members. SQ called AMEX and they confirmed the same understanding. As the conditions are on both webpages and are allowing business remptions, they will honor my request but might change the conditions shortly.

If you have just requalified or requalify in August and are planning to redeem j ticket in J, give them a call!

WHAT????

Comment

Confirmed: Amex called me to confirm that Business Redemptions with the Amex Voucher are limited to Solitaire members. The terms & conditions that are published online are different from the internal material and will be changed.

If someone gets / has gotten written material regarding the voucher, I would keep it: they will honor requests based on the t&c.

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
          SMK77: what exactly transpired in the conversation. It must have gone along the lines of

agent: sir, please hold while i check with my manager.

Im not making any accusations but i have redeemed the voucher before but my circumstances and SQ status is never questioned.

Trekkie, the old voucher did not allow you to redeem for a business ticket but only for saver economy tickets or saver upgrades. Along those lines you didn't have a problem redeeming it and neither did I.

Both Amex and SQ called me seperately the following day. The will honor my claim but might change the T&C going forward.

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
              Someone must have brought it up to the supervisor's attention. Someone must have alerted SQ revenue management to it. Someone probably tried to question the agent instead of keeping it quiet.

Im not making any accusations but just stating the obvious.

Moral of the story: If you get suspicious, hang up and don't try to talk. This is how deals go away and most likely why posts are appearing that F is beginning to disappear on A380. It has disappeared from my gds. If you're not able to get F on A380, you know who to blame now.
              Are you paranoid? It is printed in their terms & conditions. There is no gap or loophole - it is just their terms & conditions.

F has not disappeared and is just zero-ed out - as SQ is by the way doing with business class fare buckets all the time (and you are keeping mumm on that). F is the new booking class for Suites and SQ will allow Full Redemptions but you will have to wait for the official announcement and launch of the program.

If you have no clue what you are talking about, STFU.

Comment

Working...
              X