PPS pax gone bonkers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    We've seen how trekkie feels when slighted in a service role. He/she posts on the SPG forum on FT generalising that all Americans are inconsiderate travelers
    DFTT!

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
      she did what anyone could have done. Making her point loud and clear.

Not pleasant but it probably worked for her.
      She was indeed very loud and very clear. What had she achieved but embarrassing herself so thoroughly in the process? She got onto a flight later but so would someone who had not shouted and screamed.

Anyone could have done what she did. But not everyone would do that. I am certainly not one who would dish out something which I can't take. If you're happy to be talked to in this manner by your clients, then go ahead and shout at the service staff while you are the client. It can't be pleasant for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        SQ could have cancelled all flights that day from there to timbuktu, but that is no way to treat another human being. Period.
        Sums up the way I feel.

Whatever the problem is, shouting at someone like that in front of so many people is simply vile and disgusting. It could be a sudden outburst of anger but I think that lady would need some serious anger management classes in that case

Comment

deleted.
          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

no one here can say with absolute certainty that would have happened.
            And yet ...
            There comes a point where you realise that being civil doesn't work when the person you're dealing with is essentially trying to "bully you" and create as much trouble as they can.

Of course its often not pleasant but if the airport agent is initiating the trouble, very few will stand by and be bullied if they can avoid it.

Could you point to when exactly the agent initiated the trouble and began bullying the customer?

*drops to whisper, looks around*

Oh wait, no evidence needed. It's all part of a conspiracy orchestrated by Temasek. Its slimy tentacles even reached into Malaysia. Darn Temasek, always out to scr** Singaporeans.

Very entertaining.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

PPS pax gone wild??

She could get tasered if she persists with her kind of behaviour at some places.

reminds me of a scene from Anger Management...except that the passenger wasn't aggressive but everything else in that scene fits.

Comment

There comes a point where you realise that being civil doesn't work when the person you're dealing with is essentially trying to "bully you" and create as much trouble as they can.

Of course its often not pleasant but if the airport agent is initiating the trouble, very few will stand by and be bullied if they can avoid it.
                The airport agents do not have their heads screwed on if they deliberately create trouble for their passengers, so that these irate passengers would have a chance to shout at them. They must have such fun being demeaned and spoken down to.

She was probably trying to avoid being stranded in Kl overnight and thinking SQ would not look after her without a fight. Not everyone knows what to do.
                I have been bumped off a flight, experienced flight delays of several hours and overnight, denied boarding, flown back to the origin because of technical problems... but always still arrive at the destination eventually. It's all part of the adventure.

SQ took care of the accomodation, food, flights when the flight was delayed/cancelled. Same thing with IB when we got bumped off. AF gave me extra miles for my wait. I got all this without having to raise my voice.

I must admit I got rather lippy with the checkin staff of a crap MiddleEastern airlines in SIN when they accused me of being a thief, scrutinised my passport, kept me waiting for a long time and finally denied me boarding. But I did not even throw a tantrum. The gorgeous AF crew were nearby and I was quite happy people watching. I told the staff very firmly that they were wrong to accuse me of stealing, took down the name of the senior person and told them I would pursue it further (which I have not done yet because i'm too lazy!) I left the counter with my dignity intact.

That PPS woman did not.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  I have been bumped off a flight, experienced flight delays of several hours and overnight, denied boarding, flown back to the origin because of technical problems... but always still arrive at the destination eventually. It's all part of the adventure.
                  Very interesting thread. I too find it to be incredibly frustrating to be bumped off a flight or have to stay overnight unnnecessarily. Esp when on business trips, most of us run on tight deadlines and timetable, it's very unproductive to be stranded, even if accomodation/food is paid for. It's the time loss that really matters, appointments that have to be rescheduled ( or loss ) and change of connecting flights afterwards.

Usually, it's a matter of luck if when such circumstances occur, whether the ground agents willing to be helpful or not. I've seen my share of ground agents that never bother to help and display arrogrance when passengers plead for help. Still, it's no excuse to engage in screaming or cursing to get one's way.

Comment

Hello everybody!

I don't think she was being bullied here.

But yes it's true, sometimes the organisation or its staff members do try to "bully" customers.

The trick is to implement actions which embarrass them, not yourself, as this very silly and uncivilised woman has done.

Nonetheless, I wonder if we may see more similar news, with a twist, in the future.
                    Last edited by The Early Edition; 25 July 2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

deleted
                      Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I enjoy reading all the stories. I agree with one contributor who says that missing flights, flight delays, bumping of flights are part of air travels and should be taken as an 'adventure'. No need to lose dignity over such events. The lady who shouted may think that loudness will generate attention and fast action. Actually, it brings her status down to a low low level - an uneducated, out of control person. Sad that this happened.

Comment

I was disappointed with some of the postings, shaming Singaporean or Malaysian. Before you decide to say something nasty about your own citizens to other nationals, please remember the danger of coming back to you.
                          Do you not think this will not happen in other countries? This is just one example of a human behaviour for not getting what they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
                            Do you not think this will not happen in other countries?
                            Of course it does, it's just that other countries turn such events into TV shows

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                              She could get tasered if she persists with her kind of behaviour at some places.
                              I thought that too! Try having a screeching hissy-fit at a JFK agent and see how far it gets you. You'd get tasered if you're lucky!

Comment

deleted
                                Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X