No announcement yet.

PPS pax gone bonkers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a daily occurence at any major US airport. I've seen police dispatched to gates on numerous occasions.
    blog

Comment

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgHD8cSKjI

So rude and uncivilised...
      A great way to fly!

Comment

Merging this into the existing thread on the same subject.

Comment

Incident Published in Asiaone Website

This incident is published on AsiaOne today, click below link to find out what actually happened

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/S...24-156761.html

Comment

Well, now that it's on AsiaOne, it sort of forces a reply back for SQ... I think this pax has a few screws loose, to be honest.

Comment

PPS member ranting at SQ staff!

hey guys,

Check out the link below:

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/S...24-156761.html

Are PPS members that arrogant? She seems a regular a SIN_KUL route, probably either a Sporean/Msian. Hope she is not a member here otherwise will be stirring up a hornet's nest..

Comment

Please discuss this on the existing thread on the matter.

Thanks,
                StarG

Comment

Travel @ AsiaOne

Flight cancelled: passenger vents anger on SIA staff

Woman claims that she is a PPS Club member and demands that ground staff place her on a flight. She threatens the staff with losing their jobs should they not do so. -AsiaOne

Fri, Jul 24, 2009
                  AsiaOne

By AsiaOne

While most people would be understandably upset should their flights be delayed or cancelled, how far would one go to vent and frustration caused by the situation?

For a female passenger scheduled to board an SIA flight, it seems that one could go as far as to threaten the airline's ground staff with losing their jobs.

In a 40-second video upload onto a video-sharing site, a woman was seen to be yelling at some SIA ground staff members.

According to a reader contribution on citizen journalism site STOMP, the incident happened sometime in July at the Kular Lumpur International Airport. The Singapore Airlines flight SQ117 was delayed, causing passengers to be upset.

Things got worse when the flight was eventually cancelled, according to the STOMP report.

The irate woman was seen in the video shouting at the ground staff, emphasizing her status as a PPS Club member. The PPS Club is an SIA membership program that is a grade above that of Krisflyer members.

In the duration of the video, the woman could he heard asking the ground staff if they are "insane" and if that was the way they treated PPS Club members. She demanded the staff put her on a flight because of her membership status.

When the SIA staff members asked her to calm down, she shouted, "Do you know this can cost you your jobs?"

Comment

deleted
                    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                      Im going to differ from opinions expressed and say i think what the pax was reasonable
                      I'd like to see how you feel being talked to like that.

SQ could have cancelled all flights that day from there to timbuktu, but that is no way to treat another human being. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                        Im going to differ from opinions expressed and say i think what the pax was reasonable. Admittedly, there is no full disclosure anywhere so its very hard to decifer full details.

But lets consider

1)flight got delayed, then cancelled. There is a 119 that departs one hour later. The flight must have got cancelled after check-in closed for 119. The 2145 flight is the last SQ/MI flight operated on that day.

2) There is no "hard and fast" rule for compensation for cancelled flights in asia unlike the EU or the US where the DOT does dictate min.compensation rules and the compensation rules often dictate considerable cash compensation to ensure airlines get the message consumer protection is important.

3) Even if SQ/Temasek/Singapore Ministry of finance consents to compensation rules and/or air traveller's rights,it is likely to be less than market rates or EU comparable rates.

4) We all know the service culture of SQ on the ground. They are not afraid of twisting regulations to suit them. They also use legal contracts overtly.

So, saying the pax is out of line may not be true if that is what she has to do to get min. service standards.

Upside: Such incidents are still relatively rare in asian airports.
                        I thought thread is about the way she behaved rather than about the MOF or Temasek. Seems somewhat of a distance to raise the shadow of Temasek or MOF in this case though particularly it happened in Malaysia rather than Singapore.
                        Last edited by LionCity; 24 July 2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Ironically, am sitting in front of gate T7 at the KUL LCCT now. My flight to BKK has been delayed, and there's a crowd milling in front of the podium, lots of angry people, lots of shouting, and apart from "I'm PPS" bit - scene seems eerily similar. Shame i don't have my camera here

Comment

deleted
                            Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

DFTT indeed...
                                Last edited by Savage25; 25 July 2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X