Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redemption Booking Engine Down 5+ hours!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption Booking Engine Down 5+ hours!!!

Hi,

Is it normal for it to be off-line this long?

I had made a booking for 2 at about 11am EST Australian time and then went make another booking for 2 immediately , but it would not prices the taxes or allow the bookin, though one can see availability.

5 hours is a very long time to off-line..

Is this normal?

I am concerned by the time it come back that I will lose my flights making our trip for 4 a problem.

I had checked prior to booking that the flights were there including a day prior and after fora margin of error.

LTO,

IME with sq.com.au, the site frequently goes down for a few hours, ie one can't log in, at least from the Oz end of things. This tends to be in the early hours of the am. Usually by 8am-ish AEST it's back to normal again. I don't usually experience any difficulty during working hours (both SIN & AEST).

Hope you've managed to sort it out by now.

cheers

SQJ
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Well it went down at about 11am...and was still not back on by about 6pm and so I rang up.

There was a VERY long wait time.

However the good news was that they put the booking through over the phone and gave me the on-line discount.

So I have my 4 J tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetravellingoz View Post
        Well it went down at about 11am...and was still not back on by about 6pm and so I rang up.

There was a VERY long wait time.

However the good news was that they put the booking through over the phone and gave me the on-line discount.

So I have my 4 J tickets.
        Glad you got what you needed finally.
        7 hours down is not good at all.

As a matter of interest, did you speak to KF Services in Singapore or the call centre in India?

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
          Glad you got what you needed finally.
          7 hours down is not good at all.

As a matter of interest, did you speak to KF Services in Singapore or the call centre in India?
          I rang an Australian number..but I would guess that it was in Singapore as the voice sounded "Singaporish".

Comment

I rang an Australian number..but I would guess that it was in Singapore as the voice sounded "Singaporish".
            Every time I've called the Oz number (in the past) it goes to India.
            For the last year or so, I've just called Sin KF direct.
            Saves some angst.

Comment

Every time I've called the Oz number (in the past) it goes to India.
              For the last year or so, I've just called Sin KF direct.
              Saves some angst.
              Thanks for that.

In my case I have now rung the Oz number twice.

1/ The first time when the on-line was down all dayand there was an extended wait (i guess understandaable with the on-line down). But the phone service once through was excellent and as mentioned they still gave me the on-line discount.

2/ I noticed that the 744 was changed to the A380 only days after booking and as this could not be altered on-line (as had beena phone booking) I rang up again. This time with virtually no delay. Service was great as they gave me the 4 seats I wanted (2 from on-line and 2 from the phone booking).

Comment

You got SQ to release 4 J seats including on the A380 - congratulations. Were they all Savers?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  You got SQ to release 4 J seats including on the A380 - congratulations. Were they all Savers?
                  Yes.

But again remember that they were redeemed originally as Savers for the 744.

So 4 seats in J as savers in Dec and another 4 next June all on the A380 booked at saver prices.

Though I am slightly miffed that they did not wait another few weeks to make he change or I would have had another 4 as I will be making another booking soon.

Comment

So 4 seats in J as savers in Dec and another 4 next June all on the A380 booked at saver prices.

Though I am slightly miffed that they did not wait another few weeks to make he change or I would have had another 4 as I will be making another booking soon.
                    I think you should be very pleased with what you have already!
                    You really scored with 2 lots of J savers for 4 pax on the Whalejet.
                    Never mind that you still have that huge bank of miles to burn.....

Comment

I think you should be very pleased with what you have already!
                      You really scored with 2 lots of J savers for 4 pax on the Whalejet.
                      Never mind that you still have that huge bank of miles to burn.....
                      Hi,

Well I am certainly not unhappy....but a three weeks later announcement would have been nicer...as I would have bagged 4 more....

As to "bank'...ah yes well I guess somebody has to spend them. Mind you this new KF card with an earn of 3 points per $ means that at present it is hard yakka redeeming points faster than I am earning them.

Comment

Geez, 3 points to the dollar, that ain't bad at all!

Better redeem 'em whilst that on-line KF promo discount is still going..

Comment

Working...
                        X