My final KrisFlyer redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Then I do not understand your post. SQ hates Elites. That's known. So take your business to other airlines and use Credit Card milage to fly with them for free. Together with the AMEX voucher it still makes sense to be a member of KF...
    It hadn't made sense for me to be a member of KF anymore for the last couple of years, which is why I've let my PPS lapse and have been burning my stash of a few hundred-K miles. I've been crediting to BD for years now, and flying SQ premium cabins (including the new product when you time it right) on awards more than I used to as a KF member.

The Amex voucher has definitely been useful, but I don't need to fly economy on SQ anymore or pay high economy fares to upgrade.

Comment

You've done better than I have. I was down to below 10,000 orphan miles at one stage but a few Silkair flights have bumped my balance to low 5 figures.

Comment

I have 2 miles in my account

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I've been crediting to BD for years now, and flying SQ premium cabins (including the new product when you time it right) on awards more than I used to as a KF member.

The Amex voucher has definitely been useful, but I don't need to fly economy on SQ anymore or pay high economy fares to upgrade.
          Pardon my ignorance, but what is BD?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Pardon my ignorance, but what is BD?
            BD is British Midland - best FFP in *A:

Earning miles is 100% in Y, 200% in J and 300% in F plus 25% bonus for Silver and Gold.

SQ earns slightly less: 125%, 175% and 225% including bonus for Silver & Gold but still good compared to PPS milage on KF: 125%, 150% and 175%.

Once you are Gold with BD, you only need 35.000 miles to requalify (Silver & Gold bonus does not count though). Lowest threshold in *A.

Once you hit 55.000 miles in your Gold membership year, all base miles double. If I take a flight on Thai Airways in First, I earn 625%!!!

Comment

Once you are Gold with BD, you only need 35.000 miles to requalify (Silver & Gold bonus does not count though). Lowest threshold in *A.

Comment

BD is British Midland - best FFP in *A:

Earning miles is 100% in Y, 200% in J and 300% in F plus 25% bonus for Silver and Gold.

SQ earns slightly less: 125%, 175% and 225% including bonus for Silver & Gold but still good compared to PPS milage on KF: 125%, 150% and 175%.

Once you hit 55.000 miles in your Gold membership year, all base miles double. If I take a flight on Thai Airways in First, I earn 625%!!!
                I see. Thanks...

Won't apply to me though. I earn my miles mainly thru credit card spendings.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  I stand corrected.

Comment

But I like to know when you're leaving BD
                    Ditto!

II've been crediting to BD for years now...
                    Stop the madness!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

For TK, once you are Elite (*G), you would only need 25,000 miles for requalification.

Comment

To take it further, I'd like to know NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          To take it further, I'd like to know NOW.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Not until every single benefit has been systematically enhanced

Comment

Not until every single benefit has been systematically enhanced

OK, either you or zander has to give up their avatar. Isn't this in the Conditions of Use here?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

OK, either you or zander has to give up their avatar. Isn't this in the Conditions of Use here?
                                I vote for Savage25 to give up his avatar. he's got far funnier ones lying around

Comment

Working...
                                X