Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy to Business Upgrade question

Hi !
    I am new to frequent flying (only started regular flying about a year and a half ago with new job).I have been KF Gold for three months now and have around 55 000 miles . There 's a good chance i will be travelling from Singapore to Perth In October ( either 2nd or 9th ) and I was thinking of using some ( all? ) the miles to upgrade one way to Bz class( don't know if I have enough for return, don't think so...) I've never done this before. I don't want to purchase the ticket now without knowing whether there is a (very) good chance I'll get the upgrade.
    I was wondering if any of you kind frequent flyer folks out there could tell me step by step ( sorry, as I said I am relatively new to the world of FF ) how to go about it. I have seen there is a Flexi Economy ticket available on 2nd october for about 800 S.dollars but where do I go from here?
    Any input would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Log into Krisflyer and make a 'dummy' redemption booking for Biz class using the actual dates you want to travel. If there are seats available; ideally as Saver, then go back and buy your flexi-Y ticket. Once done, you can do your up-grade towards the end of the buying process.

Do refresh the redemption booking screen often as sometimes not available can become available for reasons we're still trying to figure out

Being a bit flexible with dates would benefit though All the best~!

Comment

Got the upgrade- thanks

Thanks for the advice. I did what you suggested and there were business saver awards. So I bought the Y ticket and requested upgrade and actually due to the discount for online redemption I managed to get a return upgrade Singapore-Perth for just over 43 000 miles instead of the 65000 advertised!
      Well I'm certainly looking forwaRD to my first SQ business class experience ( on the new Airbus 330 ).
      Cheers!

Comment

I'm happy it turned out well for you. Enjoy your flights

Comment

Working...
        X