Confirming Waitlisted and Confirmed Redemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirming Waitlisted and Confirmed Redemptions

I joined SQ a week ago and still trying to work out how SQ works out redemptions. In May next year, 2010, I was looking at a London trip.

Doing a few tests on redemptions:
    Syd - Singapore SQ220 - Business Saver - CONFIRMED
    Sing - London SQ 322 - Business Standard - WAITLISTED
    London - Sing SQ317 - Business Standard - CONFIRMED
    Sing - Syd SQ219 - Business Saver - CONFIRMED

How does this work? All is confirmed but the Singapore to London leg is waitlisted. Is there a way to get this cleared as soon as the rest are booked?

I noticed also that if I have a stop-over in Singapore and stay for a night, the A380 flight to London becomes available

Look forward to some help

Thanks
    SQ354

It means that there is no D class inventory (which standard books into) for your Singapore-London Leg.

Clearance occurs on a priority list - when a D seat becomes available, and if you're first in line, you get it confirmed from waitlist. It's still a long way out though, so I wouldn't fret too much about it yet.

Comment

Forgot to mention it will be for 3 x pax.

So when do think or when does it normally happen that a 'waitlisted' seat like mine requested gets released?
      Is it in within say a week or so if I call/email SQ or do I have to wait for a few weeks out and hope for the best?

Would I be better to book a stopover for one night to guarantee a A380 flight to UK from Singapore?

My wife hates flying so going business is the only way to get her to UK. Is a stopover better or go straight there non-stop?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ354 View Post
        Would I be better to book a stopover for one night to guarantee a A380 flight to UK from Singapore?

My wife hates flying so going business is the only way to get her to UK. Is a stopover better or go straight there non-stop?

Thanks for the help.
        As SQFG said earlier, it's a fair way out until May 2010 so I wouldn't be stressing too much that your waitlist hasn't cleared.

Having said that, and as you've said your wife's not that big a fan of flying. I'd probably look at a night stop in SIN, a 20+ hr flight could prove quite daunting for the non-flying fan.

IME, a stopover where feasible is just the tonic (add gin for extra kick) you'll need to avoid that ghastly jetlag you often hear about.

Comment

you'll probably find the waitlist only clears between 2 and 21 days before departure

Comment

Originally posted by SQ354 View Post
            I joined SQ a week ago and still trying to work out how SQ works out redemptions. In May next year, 2010, I was looking at a London trip.

Doing a few tests on redemptions:
            Syd - Singapore SQ220 - Business Saver - CONFIRMED
            Sing - London SQ 322 - Business Standard - WAITLISTED
            London - Sing SQ317 - Business Standard - CONFIRMED
            Sing - Syd SQ219 - Business Saver - CONFIRMED

How does this work? All is confirmed but the Singapore to London leg is waitlisted. Is there a way to get this cleared as soon as the rest are booked?

I noticed also that if I have a stop-over in Singapore and stay for a night, the A380 flight to London becomes available

Look forward to some help

Thanks
            SQ354
            While it is a long wait, i wouldnt bet very much since you are getting in 3 pax. the other consideration in clearing the waitlist depends if you have status, and mind you, even EGs kiss the tail of the a$$ sometimes

Comment

I have found that physically fronting an SQ office and politely asking about the waitlists will often get a response from a supervisor who can gazump the system.

Comment

Working...
              X