Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant: Saver redemption availability misrepresentation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little OT here but hoping someone can help me out.

Am thinking of booking an Economy Saver SIN-EWR in December this year. Of course, both flights to and fro are on waitlist. Am booking as a Krisflyer EG member so my questions are:

1) What are the chances of my getting the waitlisted tickets?
    2) Will my chances of picking up tickets increase if I call Krisflyer Member Services to push for it?

Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

SIN-EWR is now all business class, so you wouldn't be able to book a economy saver redemption for it. Unless you are referring to JFK.

Comment

Whilst a few q's are being asked in this thread, I will add my query if I may, rather than posting a new topic.

I am trying to obtain a one way saver upgrade from economy to business BKK-MEL, my ticket was purchased via the SQ website and is upgradeable no problem there. I have upgraded in the past on the SQ website with out any hassles.

When I go into my account and choose to upgrade my flight it shows me the SIN-MEL leg, serviced by a 747-400 being available for a saver upgrade. The BKK-SIN leg shows Economy - upgrade to Business (Saver) Not Available, this leg is serviced with a 777-200, so surely this has to be a glich in the system, otherwise it would ask me to be waitlisted wouldn't it?

Thanks for any advice offered.

SQ238.
        Last edited by SQ238; 20 June 2009, 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

A little OT, but the ANA tool seems to be acting up with SQ flights as well. In case anyone's not been reading TOF, someone redeemed JFK-FRA in C with BD miles but...

17th July 09 JFK -FRA with Singapore Air then FRA-LHR with Lufthansa (all business) Also good to note, when checking ANA Tool SQ flight only came up with coach class so very happy with this!
          Is there a glitch with the ANA tool?

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
            SIN-EWR is now all business class, so you wouldn't be able to book a economy saver redemption for it. Unless you are referring to JFK.
            Yes apologies.

Comment

Not really a rant as I today booked two C and one Y in January 2010 MEL-SIN -PEK-SIN-MEL all in Saver except for one sector (in Business) with no problems. I did get one glitch where some availability was not showing the first time I looked but was 5 mins later. The day flight SQ 217 MEL-SIN was not showing at all but given the loads common on SIN-MEL in late January, this is not surprising.

Comment

And again...

Saver Not Offered...

Comment

You need an ANA screenshot to compare to really drive the point across, I'm guessing... seems to be a full flight, maybe that's why

Last edited by Kyo; 14 July 2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Saver Not Offered...

I posted a similar question awhile ago in regards to economy to business BKK-MEL saver redemption. The flight showed the same as above, saver not available but standard available on a 772, the flight was eventually cancelled that is the only reason I can think it was showing the way it was.

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      You need an ANA screenshot to compare to really drive the point across, I'm guessing... seems to be a full flight, maybe that's why
                      Dude, gimme a break!! If the flight's full then there should be an option to waitlist... Stating "not offered" leads people to believe that it's, well, not offered...

Do you really need me to pull up the one-way redemption which will either show actual availability or an option to waitlist???

Comment

I think it's unreasonable to expect to get a saver award on flights in a couple of days which are clearly full.

Comment

Working...
                        X